• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Reflux/sleepless nights

Angel21

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi! I was so proud of Joe on Monday and Tuesday nights, he slept through for the first time instead of waking at 5am for his bottle, I was more awake than I had been for months, and it was all good! But then Tuesday night and last night he went to bed fine, but 20 minutes later started flailing, kicking, grunting and gurgling etc. Joe has reflux and the gurgling makes me think this is down to that.
I can't sleep through it, he has kicked himself out of his positioner both nights, and I have to keep moving him back into the centre of the crib. I'm scared his face is in the bumper or his arm/leg is stuck somewhere.
I'm so tired now, just when I thought we were making progress things get worse than they were before! :cry:
Anyone else experience similar? :flower: :coffee:

Jacob has reflux. And its now under control as long as i give him his medicine 3 times a day without fail i miss it sometimes (as after 11months it gets a bit much) and that night is a nightmare jacob wakes screaming thrashing about the cot and just cant settle.

When jacob was that age i raised his mose basket a bit so he wasnt lying flat, it really helped! Then when he moved to the cot has always had a pillow but under the sheet so he cant slip under it.

I also found waiting up to an hour after a bottle before putting him down to sleep helped at it gave it time to settle into stomach and wouldnt repeat on him so much!

Has the doc gave anything for it??

XxxX

Hi Ema, sorry to hear you're in the same boat, Joe's last feed is 11pm, I hold him upright until 12, then go to bed. His crib is raised at the head end, and he's on Ranitidine and Domperidone. He's loads better during tthe day and did get better for a while at night, but it's just all reverted back now x

Aw hun thats the same as what jacob was. Same medicine, when there older there is more medicine available but jacob wasnt transfered onto it until he was 6 months. There is also a milk thickener you can get from the doc's that keeps the milk in the stomach and harder to travel back and forth up the tube, and projectile vomiting?? Maybe worth a shot??

It will get easier once weaning starts....not much with jacob but projectile vomiting stopped and he sleeps through :) but he has to eat lil and often rather than big meals or bottles as this makes him worse. But its like he knows now as at lunch he'll only eat 2 pieces of the sandwich then wait 1hr or so and then finish the rest...pain in the arse if your out but it does help.

When he was younger we gave milk lil and often too.

XxX

Go to your doc and get Infant Gaviscon hon, it works a treat for reflux. Also, make sure you wind your little one at least 3 times during a feed and once you are finished feeding keep them raised up either in your arms or lying vertically on your knees for a little while. As a previous poster said, make sure you raise their head/mattress a little when you put them in their crib.

This was all advice given to us at the Sick Childrens Hospital in Edinburgh and since we have followed it Caidan hasnt had a problem with reflux at all. Before that he screamed in pain for 10 hours a day.

Good luck

xxx

Adelia has reflux too, I keep her on my shoulder for 20 minutes ater eating before bed than put her to bed which is a co-sleeper also raised at the head and these things have helped incredibly. I also burp her a few times during a feeding not just after she unlatches. If you are worried about his face ending up against the bumper can you take the bumper off? Is your crib new enough where his legs wouldn't get stuck in the bars?

Good luck hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"