• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Reflux

fluffyblue

Loving being mommy
Reaction score
I think ollie has this can anyone give me any advice. He has hiccups at least 5 times per day, turns his head and screams, doesnt settle well etc

sounds like my lo but not sure there's much you can do about it? iv'e heard medication can make things worse? i hold lo after eating keeping lo upright for 30 mins or so after!! raising the head end of cot or basket just so there not laying flat. my lo wont settle well in the day but she actually is not too bad of a night , sometimes she wakes me up and is covered in sick head to toe :( but not really sure as i think they grow out of it, and as long as there gaining weight i don't think they will do anything? not sure how they find out if they have it? i hear gavisgon from gp but hear it gives constipation? sorry i'm no help lol xx

Ask you DR - could be silent reflux, sorry I can't help more xx

Hi hun - sorry to hear you're going through this - it sounds like the classic reflux symptoms to me. I would def go to your doc or health visitor. Is he being sick with it? If so they can prescribe thicker formula if you FF, or gaviscon as well (I think that can be used too if BF, not 100% sure though).

We had to try a few medications before it helped Amy, ended up on losec and it's worked great.

Just try and keep your Lo as upright as poss when feeding.

As some of the other ladies have said, try and put something under the head of the cot to raise him up slightly.

I know it is really hard, I cried most days before we found the right solution for Amy, but def speak to your doc. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"