Refuses sleep

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
Any advice is appreciated. I have a 25 month old strong willed, active boy. Has always been difficult with eating and being independent. He never has entertained himself. He has textural issues and every meal almost every day is a struggle. Sleeping was the only thing we had. Then 4 months ago, he refused our normal routine for bed. Would hit me, scream, throw himself on the floor, pull my hair. Its hard not to get upset and even mad as he is diabolical to me at night. Then his father picks him up and he soundly goes to sleep. SO we said let him put him to sleep every night. That lasted 2 weeks and now he does the same thing with him. Ive tried staying on routine, rocking him to sleep, letting him stay on the couch with us, leaving him in his room to cry it ourt but literally many nights go past 2 hours. He cries, he vomits, and then finally passes out once we go in there. I feel like a failure as a mom, not sure why he feels this discomfort now, but it is putting a wedge in between my husband and I. Most nights end with us fighting for whoever doesnt help more that night during his tantrums. We recently tried getting rid of the nap, but he crashes at 430 and makes it worse than at night. I need suggestions.HELP!

Is he able to verbalize what he wants? Obviously not in the moment he is having his tantrum, but the next morning can he explain at all what he was so upset about?

I have asked him, but he doesnt seem to understand. At night he just says no or out, in the morning when I ask what was bothering him he says no????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->