Refuses to be swaddled..

Annunakian

Mom of two
Reaction score
So my LO refuses to be swaddled, she's a regular Houdini. No matter how we swaddle her or how tight she is always getting out of it. It seems that when we get her tight enough and the little bit she lasts in it works well and she's content.. until she gets mad and wiggles her way arms out and flails like mad and even ends up hittin' herself in the face. Poor girl. Is there a trick I am missing or should I just give up trying to swaddle? It seems both my kids just don't like to be swaddled since my DS was the same way. :shrug:

hey hun,

have you tried those swaddle blankets? the ones that have velcro on them they are a wonder for swaddling they work perfect!! Cant remember the name I have one for my LO but havent used it yet this time, shes been cooperative. I did however use one with my son because he scratched his face ALL the time!

Little babies don't like or dislike swaddling, it's just that some are quite strong at breaking free!

I wouldn't bother with swaddling the old fashioned way, with a big square, i'd invest in a few decent perpose made swaddle wraps. There are a lot around, The Miracle Blanket is good and I think sold around the world.

I never thought of using those, perhaps it's time for an upgrade!

Thanks ladies. :)

Watching my LO break out of a swaddle is hilarious.
The second he wakes up, he starts his escape act.
BUT no swaddle, and hes up every 2-3 hours .. swaddle, and he sleeps through the night.

I can't swaddle him though untill hes asleep, so I have the blanket laying in his bed ready. When I put him to bed, I lay him on top on the blanket. When he falls asleep, I swaddle him. Could you try that?

If you are going to use a traditional square or rectangle, try the "double swaddle" method (look it up on YouTube). It was the only way to keep Stewart put until about 3.5 months old when he went from accepting it/sleeping nicely with it on to constant escaping and screaming himself silly until he got his arms out. I really thought I was going to have trouble as his arms would just flail about like you said, but put him in a sleeping bag and miraculously he was fine!

BUT no swaddle, and hes up every 2-3 hours .. swaddle, and he sleeps through the night.

I can't swaddle him though untill hes asleep, so I have the blanket laying in his bed ready. When I put him to bed, I lay him on top on the blanket. When he falls asleep, I swaddle him. Could you try that?

I could try. She's so random though. Sometimes I can change her diaper without her even waking up but then sometimes I could just touch her and she's awake! :wacko: I'll try that tonight, though, see how it works.

If you are going to use a traditional square or rectangle, try the "double swaddle" method (look it up on YouTube). It was the only way to keep Stewart put until about 3.5 months old when he went from accepting it/sleeping nicely with it on to constant escaping and screaming himself silly until he got his arms out. I really thought I was going to have trouble as his arms would just flail about like you said, but put him in a sleeping bag and miraculously he was fine!

Thanks!

edit: just watched a video, interesting!! I'm going to try this one. :D

Tried the double swaddle, she can't escape!! :happydance: It will be better when we get the swaddleme's but it's working for now. :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSCF0659.jpg
    DSCF0659.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 7
Tried the double swaddle, she can't escape!! :happydance: It will be better when we get the swaddleme's but it's working for now. :thumbup:

Oooh is this how you've been doing it?? The swaddle is way too low. The top of the blanket should be right up at the nape of her neck.

Gabriel refused to be swaddled. He hated it, so I never bothered.

Oooh is this how you've been doing it?? The swaddle is way too low. The top of the blanket should be right up at the nape of her neck.

I agree. I do it right up to the nape of Jarrett's neck as well.

No, that is me using two different blankets with the double swaddle. That's why I said it will due until I get those swaddleme's, these are the only blankets I have. :( They aren't very big but using them with the double swaddle method will due until I can get to the store.

My LO is like this lol - we now use the halo 2 in 1 swaddle sleep bag which works

Oliver hated being swaddled. He likes to have his arms free. We had to put him into a cot really early as he'd hit the sides of his moses basket & wake himself up! He's always slept with his arms completely out to the sides!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->