Reg 4th month pregnancy

giga

Reaction score
Hi,

curently i am in 4th month of pregnancey and need to know about 'what exactly' need to ask the scanner regarding the placement position to determine the gender of a baby and also please let me know if any additional details needs to be asked to the scanner for the accuratedetermination.

Maybe I'm not quite understanding your question. Sounds like you are asking what position you need to be in, or baby to determine the gendert? It all depends on baby position and there's nothing you can do about that. They need to get a good butt shot of baby. The ultrasound techs are highly trained and will do their best to determine gender. If baby is not turned just right they might continue doing their other measurements hoping baby might turn, but sometimes you still have to go back if they can't see. Hope I answered you question correctly :) really, the only thing to ask is about getting pics and a video if they offer.

at 4 months, you should be about 16 weeks - give or take. So the sonographer (their proper title) "should" be able to have a very educated guess as to the sex of the baby.

If you are talking about the placenta placement method, known as The Ramzi's Method, which from what I read works when the scan is done between 6-8 weeks. Using that method, a right sided placenta/chorionic villi is a boy, left sided is a girl. this method was about 97% accurate.

Reference: https://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderpredictions1/ss/Ramzis-Method-To-Determine-Fetal-Gender.htm
and I have read the original article.

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. Here sonographers will not reveal the sex of baby but to take a guess at my end i hope i can ask specific question to sonographer like the placenta position of the baby.Next week i am going to have a scan so just wanted to confirm if asking placenta postion itself is enough to determine the sex of baby or do i need to ask any other specfic queries to sonographer to guess the result at my end.

Placenta has probably already moved, I'm 16 weeks and it moved forward by my last scan, so unless your placenta favors one side or other being posterior or anterior, you have no clue by this point. For example, my placenta has been left sided, but moved to a left anterior a few weeks back. All they will say now is anterior or posterior in relation to position.

So, At present we cannot predict the result by position.Please can you confirm.

Yes. Sorry...the placenta placement has to be an early thing to predict gender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->