Regretted something on ebay?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Oh poo. I've just bought some beige boots off of ebay (UGG stylee) won them in auction, thinking "aah, I'll save some money" but I've just looked back and the pink boots I was going to purchase 'buy now' are way nicer! I only saved about £3 and OH gave me a fiver towards them. What is WRONG with me??? :hissy:

I always feel compelled to snipe people on ebay, if they put their bids in way too early. Now I regret it. I'm even considering buying both pairs of boots, but I have not much money left until I get paid in two tuesdays time!! What do I do????!!!!! I have rent to pay next time I get paid, and my mum's going to treat me to a haircut..should I treat myself to the extra pair of boots? Make me feel better about the kerfuffle with OH at the moment....but I do have to pay for stuff... Got all my xmas prezzie things now tho, so don't have to worry about that...

*Tempted!!!!*

Uhhhhh, anyone want to buy some beige UGG-like boots off me? :rofl:

Maybe they'll be nicer IRL and the pink boots are in an ebay shop, so there should be more.... Eek! I probably ought to wait...

Anyone else do this? Get over excited and bid on things they don't really want?! :rofl:

xxxx

*Raises arm and shuffles forward*

Can i join ur group please. :blush:
I do this bout once a wk.

V x x

I've done this a couple of times, lol. I bid & then think.. crap, someone please outbid me, I don't want it :rofl: Luckily I do get outbid. Phew!

u could always re-sell the beige pair on ebay...

i do this often, and like donna...i pray someone outbids me!

haha yeh ive done it loads of times, at the time it seems like such a good idea cos ur saving like...15p then its like...fuckin hell, whats wrong with me?? its 15p!!! get the ones u like!!! ur not gna use the ones u dont like!!

haha, glad to know im not alone in that anyway lmao

xxx

oh dear i do it often think your clud is going to get full pretty quickly hehe

If my hair extensions don't bloody well show up tomorrow I'm going to regret it hah

i always do that & spend the time hopin plz some1 outbid me!!

I only bid on things that i know i want, i usually end up being the person outbid at the very last second because i sit there thinking "should i pay that little bit extra" by the time ive decided, its usually ended.

Hmm, yeah, I am guilty for doing this at times. :blush:

BTW, I have a nice collection of boots. People comment on how many I have. LOL

:rofl: Glad it's not just me!! I was watching a top a few weeks back, went to bid on it and thought "nah, it's not actually that nice" but people kept bidding and bidding, and I was like "FFS! Snipe people! SNIPE! You're doing it wrong!!" Then I ended up winning it. I sat there staring at the computer for a few minutes thinking "Why in the hell did I do that, after deciding I didn't like it?.....Hmmm....What to do now...." Then looked at my mum and said "I just did something very silly.." :rofl:

It's terrible, you get into those last few minutes and you start getting worked up and refreshing the page every five seconds!! Then someone else bids and it becomes a competition! "It's miiiiinnneee!!!"

My mum usually buys loads of things and tries to sell them on. She's bought about 6 coats in the past couple of weeks, still bidding on others! "It's okay, I'm selling that one.....and that one....and I'll resell that one too, I'm sure I can get more money for it....." Lol! Not my place to complain though, she bought me the pink boots last night :blush: an early christmas present.. I wuv my mummy! :D

xx

Ah, how lovely is your mum?!

If you don't want the beige boots, why not sell them on? Make yourself a bit of cash so you can buy something else!!!

I may well do, they still haven't arrived yet tho. Suppose it's good to have some more neutral coloured ones to go with different outfits, there's a bit of a limit with pink. I'll have to wait and see what they're like. :)

My mum is being unnaturally nice at the moment. Buying me loads of little things I need, offering to treat me to a haircut and making plans to go shopping/spend time with me. It's weird. I hope it lasts because she's not usually this generous and open... :D Lol!

xx

I always bid on stuff i don't actually want...or spend more than i meant to. x

u can retract bids! just say u entered wrong amount!

Got both boots now. Pink ones are lovely and warm :D Mummy was right yet again!!! I'm gonna sell the beige ones me thinks! My jeans are too baggy to tuck into them and the pink ones look awesome against my black leggings! :D Happy happy!

I have just made another random "I don't actually want to be doing this" bid! Won a little FCUK top, which may well be another thing on my selling list!! :rofl:

I prefer to sit and think "Outbid me! Actually....no...don't outbid me! Wait...I don't want these...Outbid me!!!" and deal with the consequences afterwards. Mainly because it would pee me off if someone bid on one of my items and then asked me to cancel it because they 'accidentally submitted the bid screen AND confirmation screen' somehow... :D I'm sure it happens, but if I did it, unless it was a huge amount, I'd just deal with it! Lol!

Currently sat here doing the "outbid me! no don't!" thing...Bidding on an MP3 player for OH....but put bid in early because I was going to bed, but now it's only got another 45mins to go! :rofl:

xx
xx

I do this too. I bought a load of maternity tops a couple of months ago. They looked a bit dodgy in the pictures, and are even worse in real life. As I was bidding, I was thinking "Hmm, this is a lot more than I wanted to pay..." but I figured that if someone else was willing to pay that for them it must be worth it!!

It wasn't. Am going to try to sell them on I think! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->