Regular Periods, No Ovulation

olivia4032

Reaction score
Am I alone?

I went off of the pill in November (after 11 years) and got my period 28 days later, and every 28 days ever since... 3-4 day, normal periods. 6 normal cycles.... no luck getting pregnant. Started temping, no pattern, and using the 20 day opk..... always negative. Could it be that it will take me longer to ovulate because I was on the pill for so long? I have a dr's appt at the end of June... but not even sure what she will do, since it has only been 6 months.

Anyone in the same boat?

Probably not because of the pill. Could be from polycystic ovarian syndrome. Your doc will probably order an internal ultrasound to look at your ovaries.

That's my fear.... just so weird because I dont have any symptoms of it.... never missed a period since age 13.... always regular and normal and no other issues. Everything I read states that the main symptom of PCOS is irregular or no menstruation.

is it possible that your OPKs are neg because you test on the wrong days or at the wrong time of the day? I always struggle with OPKs, never seem to guess when to take them...

do you take BBT every morning at the same exact time? did you try fertility friend online? the software pinpoints O on its own according to your temps...

good luck

Thanks for all the advice.

Trying the 20 day OPK this month, in case I was testing on the wrong days. Using Fertility Friend for the first time this month... temps are all over the place, but no, I do not temp at the exact same time... later on the weekends. Will keep trying with the temping to see if there are any patterns over the next month.

I'm only 29, so I hope if I do get diagnosed with PCOS or something of that nature, that it will be treatable.... it is all so discouraging.... and its only been 6 months!

Thanks for all the advice.

Trying the 20 day OPK this month, in case I was testing on the wrong days. Using Fertility Friend for the first time this month... temps are all over the place, but no, I do not temp at the exact same time... later on the weekends. Will keep trying with the temping to see if there are any patterns over the next month.

I'm only 29, so I hope if I do get diagnosed with PCOS or something of that nature, that it will be treatable.... it is all so discouraging.... and its only been 6 months!

dont worry hun,

it may seem worse than it really is... when i was not temping i had no idea if my long periods were due to late O or no O at all so I was so worried... taking pregnancy test at the wrong time... not understanding signs..

then i decided it was time to systematically try to understand what was going on and turns out i do O, just a bit later. FF has been great for me, now I know exactly when I O and when my period has to come and if it doesn't then i take a pregnancy test at the right time :thumbup:

it is hard to wake up every morning to measure BBT but it will be worth it :winkwink:

good luck

hey! i was on the pill for about 10 years and came off it, after my second mc i was diagnosed with PCOS, like you i had no symptomshaving periods - mind you i am not sure they were too regular, since i got preg less than 2 months coming of the pill, then i lost that baby in the second tri and i believe that messed up my cycle a bit, but got preg again a few months later, but sadly lost that too.. the hospital tested me for pcos, and it came up positive... they also tested me to see if i was ovulating ( think its called day 21 day bloods) and they said i wasnt, but they were wrong because that cycle i got pregnant and so far so good! :) ask your doc to get a blood test to see if you are ovulating. best of luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->