Regulating cycles

squeaker1989

Reaction score
I have pretty much always had an irregular cycle (my mom did too). Just in the last 6 months it has ranged from 25-38 days.. and that is actually on the regular side for me. About once a year I skip a cycle altogether.

I know that it is still possible to conceive with irregular cycles, but I was wondering if there was anything that I could do now during the wtt stage to regulate things (other than the pill)

Any ideas ladies?

I have seen people use vitex to help with regulation. It is an adaptogen and works with your hormones to sort them out.

I have irregular cycles too. My longest ever was 168 days! After my AF arrives, I'm starting Angus Castus (Vitex) which apparently you take from start of AF to ovulation or continue taking it throughout - haven't made my mind up yet, need to do some more research. You CAN'T take this whilst on the pill though so I don't know if you are?

I've also got ground flaxseed (linseed) to sprinkle on soups, porridge etc as it can help boost natural production of oestrogen (which helps you ovulate regularly which in turn regulates periods). And finally I'm trying a well-woman vitamin which contains B vitamins, evening primose oil and magnesium - all good for hormone regulation. Will post back here if I get success!

Vitex works best if taken through your entire cycle.

Vitex works best if taken through your entire cycle.

Thanks for that :thumbup: I read conflicting advice - is it people that are TTC that stop taking it at ovulation being as you shouldn't take it when TTC? X

All the research I have read says to take it through your cycle. Some women even take it during first tri. I would personally stop after bfp.

If you are not TTC, do you stop taking it when your cycles become regular and consistant then? Or are you supposed to keep taking it? X

That would probably be a personal choice. I think they say not to take longer than 18 months without a break. I stopped taking it and my cycles went right back to being irregular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->