Rehomed my dog yesterday

S

Serene123

Not too sure how I feel. I've had her for 8 years and now she's gone. I couldn't deal with her long hairs malting everywhere and getting in Caitlyns hands/mouth so she had to go. She has gone to live with a lonely old man who I know will take care of her better than I did. Just feel a bit empty, but not sad?

I can understand your way of thinking, you dont want Caitlyn to choke on the dogs hairs.
Its not like you've took her to the dogs home, were, being honest, at her age, she would probably have never had another home, you've given her to someone who will appreciate the companionship.xxx

:hugs:

At least she'll get lots of attention .. and just think how happy you've made that lonely old man eh!!

aww hun i need to do it aswell my dog is nearly 17 and pooing and weeing all over need to get her to the rspca

Sounds like you made the right decision and made a lonely old man happy :hugs:

Aww hun......i work for a dog rescue charity and i know that alot of people find that babies and dogs dont mix for them.

Hugs hun xxxx

Good decision hun. And you probably don't feel sad because you knwo she is going to be well looked after by a lovely man. You'll miss her though.

8yrs is a long time are you not feeling any sadness at all :blush:
You have gave her to someone who will look after her so thats a good thing does he live close to you ?? cause you could still see her if you wanted to :)

:hug:

:hugs: you made the right choice, and the man now has a lovely companion x

I don't feel sad, I'm actually quite releaved. I did love her, and she was a WONDERFUL dog, but she has been causing me so much trouble lately. Maybe I will feel sad when it hits me, right now I am just releaved!

That would be nice if you were still able to see her occasionally?

She'll be a great companion for the old man :) you did the right thing hunni xx

Can you still see her hun does the old man live close to you ??
You done the right thing cause of the hairs getting everywhere and baby will be eating them but cause you had the dog for 8yrs she will miss you sorry not trying to make you feel guilty hun AT ALL... but she will and cause she is old it would still be nice if you could still visit her if you understand what i mean :hugs:

I'm going to see her on Saturday I think, and I can see her anytime I want.

It would make me feel worse going to see her. I have a dog now, and shes my life! I love her to bits shes like my best friend, might sound soppy i know but when i have a shit day, it's as if she knows because she's always really lovey and is always coming over to me and 'kissing' me and being really affectionate.

I would die if i had to get rid of her! Good on you for doing the right thing though hun, and it's good that you can get to see her when you want :)

I'm going to see her on Saturday I think, and I can see her anytime I want.

I think thats a lovely idie i know some people say it will make her worse
but its better than not seeing you all together isnt it ?
It will just be like she is staying with family :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->