• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Reigns?

Cat

Reaction score
Im at a bit of an akward stake with Noah, where unless he is being pushed in his buggy he wants to get out and walk about, but is too young to understand wating in ques and staying with me. So if I pop to a local shop in the car he wants to pull everything of the shelves or disapear out the door!

My mum and Gran suggested the other day to use reigns, which Ihad never really thought about, can you still get them, dont really seem to see them about, has anyone else used them and had them work? I just think that he wont understand and will just lie on the floor and scream to be 'let off' What do you think?

Definitely get reigns hun. I had them for Kayleigh and they were a god-send. He's young enough now that he'll get used to them pretty soon, and then when he's older, you can change to a wrist strap. I'm sure Mothercare sell them.....

Jonny never took to reigns he just used to collapse on the floor. He held my hand instead and this worked fine.

I tried some today on eva and she wanted to walk into a butchers and when i tried to get her to walk the other way she kept trying to kneel down. I ended u picking her up. dunno - maybe its something they need to get used to. I suppose its a little bit safer having something to grab onto if you need to.
mine are from boots x

See I think Noah will do the same, if I try to get him to go a direction he doesnt want to he just lets his legs give way and sits on the floor, I have visions of me using him to sweep shop floors lol!

Like you say Amanda perhaps if I try them out a few times he will get used to it. might get some and try. Its just hard to hold his hand all the time, cause sometimes he wont let me, and other times Im trying bag up shopping, or pay etc and dont have a hand free.

Let me know how you get on over the next couple of weeks Vic.

I use reins with Jack, infact they are Emilys old ones i found LOL
we got ours from Boots
Jack does the collapseing thing and wanting to go in diff direction but they soon learn

i have been thinking of trying reins too, Coby wants to walk everywhere and crys in his buggy now

xx

Mothercare for definate sell them....

I will be using reins for my child, for their safety by roads esp

This is so strange as I sent Dale up to Mothercare after work today to get some for Becca. She keeps wanting to sit down for some reason when she has them on!:dohh:

I would definitley get some tho.

we got pink one's with an "Im A Princess" badge on the front -£7.99 :baby:

i got my reins from boots :D, ichloe is fine in them, but i usually just let her walk beside me holding teh pram :D

i have some for Kacy but don't use them much my dad uses them more, i know they sell them in boots, woolworths, and mothercare, But kacy usually just holds my hand she knows now if she doesn't hold my hand she will be back in her push chair, it took a couple of trys but she soon got used to it, we were in the trafford centre at the time

I got some from tescos. Seren loves her reins - she hates being in her buggy so I let her ealk about. She usually takes my hand but the reins are a godsend. When she is in a mood then she refuses to walk where I want to go and we have the hanging on them bit, or the collapse on the floor - so I pick her up and bung her in her sling.

Here she is with them
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boneabee/IMGP2024.jpg
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/boneabee/IMGP1952.jpg

Right thats decided then I will get some, thanks girls!

Noah sounds very much like Ella, she wont stay still likes to explore she's into everything and hates being in her pram most of the time, Iv used reigns for a while now, we went to Chester zoo on sunday and they were a godsend, I know shes there, without the reigns if I turned my back for 1 second she's be gone. I'll post some pics in the photo gallery later. xxx

iv posted them, take a look, think mine were from woolworhts

Hi,

Not an expert but have seen an alternative to the reigns, you can get like a hand cuff on a chain, which you attach to them, and yto your belt, arm, etc.

Hope you get something, we didn't really have major prob's with Jade! Maybe our little boy may be more of a monster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"