Reins

The backpack ones sound great, think I'll have to invest as DS is also just starting to walk on his own and we have a 7 week old!

Hope all is going well Josie. I'm so nervous at the prospect of having 2 LOs, I know it'll be exciting but I think it'll be a steep learning curve too! X

Thanks Bungle, I remember you from third tri! We were also really nervous before Maeve was born but we're coping ok though this week Odhrán has been teething badly and has a cough/cold so has been off nursery, clingy and cranky and it's just not possible to hold him all the time with a tiny baby to take care of, though thankfully he's getting over it now. He's still going to nursery two days to keep him in his routine and to my mum's two days so I'm lucky to have time just with Maeve. When I do have both babies it can be a long day with two of them on my own from 7am until near 6pm. Plus we're moving house in less than two weeks just to add to everything! It's definitely not as scary as you imagine, you'll be just fine! When are you due?

Raisin is due in exactly 2 weeks but ive reached the point of having had enough so if she fancies making an appearance before then she's very much welcome up do so! Although I'm also rather nervous about going into labour I'm very much looking forward to meeting my new little daughter. DD1 is still only 16mths old so she doesn't go to nursery yet and unfortunately we just can't afford to pay for childcare while I'm off on maternity leave so I'm trying to ensure I've got all necessary gadgets at the ready to make my life that little bit easier. My mum lives 100 miles away and OHs mum works full-time so there's nobody on hand to step in and help, it's certainly going to be 'tricky' learning to juggle 2 children. I'm very aware that I'll need to get to toddler groups etc to stimulate DD1 but first of all ill have to learn how, as a mum of 2, to get dressed each day!!! Lolx

The backpack ones sound great, think I'll have to invest as DS is also just starting to walk on his own and we have a 7 week old!

Hope all is going well Josie. I'm so nervous at the prospect of having 2 LOs, I know it'll be exciting but I think it'll be a steep learning curve too! X

Thanks Bungle, I remember you from third tri! We were also really nervous before Maeve was born but we're coping ok though this week Odhrán has been teething badly and has a cough/cold so has been off nursery, clingy and cranky and it's just not possible to hold him all the time with a tiny baby to take care of, though thankfully he's getting over it now. He's still going to nursery two days to keep him in his routine and to my mum's two days so I'm lucky to have time just with Maeve. When I do have both babies it can be a long day with two of them on my own from 7am until near 6pm. Plus we're moving house in less than two weeks just to add to everything! It's definitely not as scary as you imagine, you'll be just fine! When are you due?

Raisin is due in exactly 2 weeks but ive reached the point of having had enough so if she fancies making an appearance before then she's very much welcome up do so! Although I'm also rather nervous about going into labour I'm very much looking forward to meeting my new little daughter. DD1 is still only 16mths old so she doesn't go to nursery yet and unfortunately we just can't afford to pay for childcare while I'm off on maternity leave so I'm trying to ensure I've got all necessary gadgets at the ready to make my life that little bit easier. My mum lives 100 miles away and OHs mum works full-time so there's nobody on hand to step in and help, it's certainly going to be 'tricky' learning to juggle 2 children. I'm very aware that I'll need to get to toddler groups etc to stimulate DD1 but first of all ill have to learn how, as a mum of 2, to get dressed each day!!! Lolx

I'm sure you can't wait to meet your new baby girl! I was nervous about labour again but was lucky that it was only four hours long, when I got to hospital I was 9cm and had a water birth which was so much more positive than my labour with Odhrán. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and quickly for you too. That's a pity your mum lives so far away but you'll get your own wee routine going with your two girls quickly I'm sure. The girl who gave birth in the room next to me was having her fourth baby, she had four under four! So some people have even more on their plate!
I ordered a wee bumblebee version of the ladybird backpack for Odhrán, so cute and a really good idea.
All the best!

We used reins with DD2, these ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Animal...?pt=UK_Baby_Carriers&var=&hash=item870e00a5c7

I used them because even though DD1 was a bit older it was easier to have the safety net if I had to turn my attention to DD1 rather than DD2. I plan to use them this time too. :) Weve moved to a busier area then we used to be in and personally I would rather use reins then have her run out in the road. :thumbup:

This time though I might go for a traditional set aswell as a more novel set just as it would be easier for pushchair journeys etc. :flower:

I have never understood why using reins should be seen as remotely controversial! I like to let Ivy walk as much as possible, but I would have a heart attack letting her run around a shopping centre if she didn't have reins! To me its either the choice between keeping her in the buggy most of the time or letting her get as much walking practice as possible. I have one of the littlelife backpack ones and it is soooooooooooooo damn cute too.

I used these with my older girls: https://www.mothercare.com/Traditional-Leather-Winnie-Pooh-Harness/dp/B000NK26P4

And if I can find them, I'll be using them with LO too x

Thanks for ur reply hun. Out of interest would you be happy to keep these on your LO while they were in a car seat (for a short journey) or could they be a potential danger?

I used reins similar to these with all of mine and Kaylum has several sets too ... they are absolutely fine for keeping on while in the car or buggy :thumbup:

I'm quite tall though and I find the reins just a little too short to walk comfortably with while pushing a pram, so I've improvised by using a puppy lead attached to the harness which gives me a little more length, plus means that I can put the loop around my wrist which leaves my hand free :blush:

I also use a traditional coachbuilt pram with a toddler seat when I take the LO's out and these old fashioned reins are ideal for clipping Kaylum straight into the toddler seat when he has had enough of walking

Also the littlelife bags are great because I actually keep a bottle of milk and some snacks for Ivy in it - I've been tempted to put my wallet and keys in there before but i'm not sure if Ivy can be trusted :haha:

I have never understood why using reins should be seen as remotely controversial! I like to let Ivy walk as much as possible, but I would have a heart attack letting her run around a shopping centre if she didn't have reins! To me its either the choice between keeping her in the buggy most of the time or letting her get as much walking practice as possible. I have one of the littlelife backpack ones and it is soooooooooooooo damn cute too.

Completely agree with you that they shouldn't be controversial but didn't want to end up in a debate with anyone justifying my reason for using them so I thought I'd explain that clearly from the start. Really like the idea of the Little Life backpacks so may ask my mum to get LO one for Christmas but can't decide if it'd still be useful to have a set of basic reins too - would they get used? Decisions decisions :) x

Another vote for the little life backpack here. We have the bee and it's seriously cute! Though I was sorely tempted by one of the dinosaur designs lol.

I love that you can unclip the rein and use it solely as a backpack. Only thing is though is that Zachary is a small lad and he notices it's on his back. Sometimes he doesn't seem too keen to have it on, but he's usually too distracted to care once he's outside.

We used reins with DD2, these ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Animal...?pt=UK_Baby_Carriers&var=&hash=item870e00a5c7

I used them because even though DD1 was a bit older it was easier to have the safety net if I had to turn my attention to DD1 rather than DD2. I plan to use them this time too. :) Weve moved to a busier area then we used to be in and personally I would rather use reins then have her run out in the road. :thumbup:

This time though I might go for a traditional set aswell as a more novel set just as it would be easier for pushchair journeys etc. :flower:

Very cute! I can see why LOs would like those :)

why toddler backpacks are awesome:

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/298910_1871334396235_1627380020_1590430_4898486_n.jpg

I'm sure you can't wait to meet your new baby girl! I was nervous about labour again but was lucky that it was only four hours long, when I got to hospital I was 9cm and had a water birth which was so much more positive than my labour with Odhrán. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and quickly for you too. That's a pity your mum lives so far away but you'll get your own wee routine going with your two girls quickly I'm sure. The girl who gave birth in the room next to me was having her fourth baby, she had four under four! So some people have even more on their plate!
I ordered a wee bumblebee version of the ladybird backpack for Odhrán, so cute and a really good idea.
All the best!

Four under four?! My goodness, that'll be one very busy mummy. Haven't seen the bumble bee version just yet but I'll look for it in a mo for sure :)

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/298910_1871334396235_1627380020_1590430_4898486_n.jpg

Brilliant! Bless her! X

It definitely completed her festival look! By the way, your avatar is soooooo cute, look at those squishy cheeks! (Sorry for derailing your thread :haha:)

^^ Omg that pic is soooooo cute :)

I hadnt seen the little life ones but have just looked on ebay and am now contemplating getting those. Its a toss up between them and the ones I posted above, in minnie mouse style though. :thumbup:

It definitely completed her festival look! By the way, your avatar is soooooo cute, look at those squishy cheeks! (Sorry for derailing your thread :haha:)

Not at all! And thank you! Shes much bigger than that now and the cheeks slimmed down once she became active but I do love that chubby stage - so so cute! X

I hadnt seen the little life ones but have just looked on ebay and am now contemplating getting those. Its a toss up between them and the ones I posted above, in minnie mouse style though. :thumbup:

What I like about the little life ones is that it's only got one clasp at the front so quicker to put on and less to get tangled up! No personal experience with either but that's my thinking :)

What I like about the little life ones is that it's only got one clasp at the front so quicker to put on and less to get tangled up! No personal experience with either but that's my thinking :)

Easier for them to undo themselves though if they are that way inclined :winkwink:

Kaylum can undo those types of clasps (unless they are the really, really tight ones), but thankfully he can't reach the ones that do up at the back :haha:

I like the way you can put stuff in them too like a real backpack, I know the others say a little pocket, but when they say little they really do mean it, all you would be able to fit in them is perhaps a dummy.

Think I am going to go for the little life ones, thanks. :thumbup:

We got Ava one of those backpack ones, she loves having it on and they look so cute! x

Way too cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->