Relaxation/Hypnotherapy During Labour

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Nic1981, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Nic1981

Nic1981 Well-Known Member

Does anyone intend to use these techniques?

I'm trying to find a decent CD which might help prepare me - can anyone recommend one?

Thanks.

2. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Rainbow Relaxation from the Mary Mongan Hypnobirthing stuff.

3. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

i saw on ebay they have sets of natal hypnotherapy cd's...i got my hypnobirthing book (the morgan method one) on ebay and that has a cd in the back with a relaxation exercise for u and one for both u and partner.

4. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

My midwife suggested hypnobirthing (she does it privately I think) but the classes are just SO expensive, I didn't look into CDs and books, maybe I should!

5. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

I can't afford the classes so i've just got the book and am doing it on my own. Its self hypnosis so my thinking is i dont need classes i just need the 'self' bit! :rofl:

Its all about relaxation, breathing techniques, a positive frame of mind about birth, not getting tense or scared or forcing ur body to do something (like pushing or forcefully starting labour artificially) and finding what works best for u...i've adapted some of the visulisations in the book and changed some of the wording to stuff coz i find the way the woman has written it is a little bit on the hippy/cheesy side for me and i've chosen to listen to my own music rather than the cd provided- but the basic point to the whole thing is to believe ur body knows what its doing and it doesn't need to hurt- its natural. 'Get in tune with yourself'. every other animal manages it calmly, without epidurals so humans can to!

Check out hypnobirthing on youtube...theres some really inspiring vids of women really calmly and quietly giving birth- theres no screaming mad women looking like she's on the brink of spontaneous combustion!

If u can find any cheap meditation books/cd's the relaxation and breathing techniques r similar