Relieved, but also kinda bummed!

Eziana

Reaction score
So, my last two AFs have been lighter than usual. Not to the point where I didn't need tampons, just enough for me to notice. At first I thought my thyroid levels were too high, but then I talked to my mom, and she said with both her pregnancies, she had lighter than normal "AFs" the first two months and it was only the third month when her period was only spotting, that she went to the doctor. Turned out she was actually three months pregnant, but her doctor (who was really laid back) said the bleeding the first couple months happens to some women.

Anyway, so it got me thinking, what if the reason my last two AFs have been lighter is because I've actually been pregnant the last two months and had assumed I wasn't because I kept getting "AFs"!? That wouldn't be a big deal except 1.) I take thyroid medication, and when I get pregnant I'm going to have to monitor my thyroid levels really closely, ASAP and 2.) Holidays+birthday+being bummed I wasn't pregnant especially in December when for various reasons I really thought I was=more alcohol consumption. Now, don't get me wrong I wasn't drinking a bottle of wine a night or anything, but like normally I have 2-3 servings of alcohol a week and for the last month it's been more like 5-6 servings a week.

I know there are lots of stories of women drinking before they know they're pregnant, but that's usually during the two week wait. I know I haven't exactly been binge drinking this last month, but still it would've worried me if it turned out I'd been pregnant this entire time. I took a pregnancy test just to be sure. Luckily, it was negative. This is definitely a first, I think. Someone on a TTC message board saying they're relieved a pregnancy test was negative. LOL! I'm thinking the lighter flow could just be one of those things or possibly I do need to get my thyroid levels checked.
The lesson I've learned from this though is that from now on I'm going to take a pregnancy test every month, even if I do get AF! I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Hope all your TTC journeys are going well and we all get BFPs soon!!:dust:

Glad you got an answer. Good luck with that BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->