reluctant Bf regarding fertility testing

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
So me and my OH have been together for 9years, we havent been using contraception for about 3 yrs now. We don't have regular sex as my OH suffers with mental health problems which causes him to be low in mood and anxious the majority of the time (sorry about the life story lol). Well, the question is Has anyone experienced issues with getting their OH to go for fertility testing? I feel he won't do it due to insecurity that I would leave him if he had issues. Just starting to get depressed myself as I really want to get pregnant. He says he will get tested in june if Im not pregnant by then but I don't think he actually will.

Sorry rant over

Xxxxxx

Hi we tried for 2 years before admitting something could be wrong. We we're both scared but knew we had no choice & if we both really wanted this it's what we would have to do. I was scared in my place & him in his. but so glad we did! He had to have his sperm checked first & i remember he was so nervous but it came back fine then was my turn & had all the testing done & in the end all that was stopping us was my ovulation levels we're a little low so they put me on clomid & we conceived ds.
Sometimes it coukd just be something small but significant that we need a little help with.
There's so much they can do to help no matter what the problem is so i'd just reassure him even if something is wrong with either of you at least you can get the help you need & that your both there to support eachother through the whole journey. I wish i'd have gone sooner to get checked

Mom2sam-thanks for ur advice, i am more than willing to get myself tested, i was tested for pcos but that was negative. Im also in the uk, do u know whether the woman can get tested before the man. Just it might save some time if i at least know weva im ovulating or not. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->