reluctant Bf regarding fertility testing

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
So me and my OH have been together for 9years, we havent been using contraception for about 3 yrs now. We don't have regular sex as my OH suffers with mental health problems which causes him to be low in mood and anxious the majority of the time (sorry about the life story lol). Well, the question is Has anyone experienced issues with getting their OH to go for fertility testing? I feel he won't do it due to insecurity that I would leave him if he had issues. Just starting to get depressed myself as I really want to get pregnant. He says he will get tested in june if Im not pregnant by then but I don't think he actually will.

Sorry rant over

Xxxxxx

I'm sorry love, I can't imagine what you're going through!

I have to say though, if he is having issues with mental health, hearing that he has sperm issues may make things worst. Have you eliminated everything else?

Angel_blues-thanks for ur reply. I have had bloods and a transvaginal ultra sound to test for pcos(came bk negative) but thats it. Was wondering if its worth myself getting tested for ovulation and everything so im not puttin too much anxiety on him regarding his fertility xxx

I would. Eliminate the everything else first... It's kind of a catch though.... If he's on meds it could affect it. Maybe it's as so simple as that

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. What if you booked a joint appointment for June? If you are pregnant by then, you can cancel. If not, you can go together and then the doctor can schedule any tests and/or referrals s/he feels are warranted. That way it's not about him - it's your issue as a couple?

Good luck.

So me and my OH have been together for 9years, we havent been using contraception for about 3 yrs now. We don't have regular sex as my OH suffers with mental health problems which causes him to be low in mood and anxious the majority of the time (sorry about the life story lol). Well, the question is Has anyone experienced issues with getting their OH to go for fertility testing? I feel he won't do it due to insecurity that I would leave him if he had issues. Just starting to get depressed myself as I really want to get pregnant. He says he will get tested in june if Im not pregnant by then but I don't think he actually will.

Sorry rant over

Xxxxxx

Hey there! It is actually very normal for men to react that way. Mine does as well lol. I have been recommending acupuncture all day lol! And I recommend that for the both of you as well.

You should, on your own, contact a fertility acupuncturist and discuss your issues on not conceiving yet. Also talk to the acupuncturist about his mental health problems and see what the acupuncturist says. I would imagine it will do wonders for him since acupunture brings the body into balance.

Also, ask the acupuncturist about Maca and if it will be safe for the both of you to take. Especially with his mental health issues. Organic Maca is excellent for libido and fertility issues for men and women.

It is powerful and I would not recommend taking it without speaking with a professional and discussing what medication he may be on currently.

I am thinking he may go for the acupuncture before he goes for fertility testing. And it is great for overall health and ANXIETY!!!!! If you are anything like me you both will feel great after! The key is to really relax during your sessions and breathe deep and slowly. You will be amazed.

It is like a manual form of meditation

I feel your pain. My OH asked me 6 months ago to get on bcp to get regular afs.. Well I did to me it seemed like he wanted to TTC now that I just got off last week he is asking me to get back on mind you before the bcp I was told were are infertile. I am so sad, I have been waiting 2 years and now he changes his mind and act like I am setting him up. I hate this feeling. Thinking so badly to just trick him and BD during my O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->