Remaining Embryo

MKaykes

Reaction score
If you had any embryos remaining, how did you decide when to let them go?

We have 2 beautiful babies and always planned for 2. We have one remaining embryo. We had 3 that tested healthy and one that was inconclusive. First healthy failed, the next 2 resulted in my almost 3 year old and almost 1 year old!

My husband is struggling more than I am, realistically we don't feel we can financially or emotionally handle a 3rd but hard to let go of what could be!

What a tremendously difficult decision for you both, I feel for you. I've never needed to think of this myself but I have read of others who have. I suppose it comes down to time - is it a choice you want to make right now or can you put it of for a year or so?
I know there are some posts where women are looking into embryo adoption, if you decided not to try for another yourself then might you consider this? I can imagine that it's a huge step to donate an embryo (my son was conceived using donor sperm) but i know how hard won each of those embryos are and that you may well feel some joy in the future in the knowledge that you helped another couple begin their family...
Best wishes to you both as you enjoy your lovely children and ponder your next step. Xx

Congrats on your babies! Myself I know a lady who got pregnant using donated embryos, and your decision might help someone complete their family. x

Hi we just signed all of our paperwork on what to do if we have remaining embryos. Gave us so many scenarios...but ultimately we decided to donate. Beforehand I never could imagine that but the reality is that many ppl out there need embryos. I hope if it comes to that we can give the gift of family to someone.

Hope you reach a decision that sits well in your hearts...not easy to decide.

it's so kind decision of yours, and it's awesome to know there will be a happy family somewhere thanks to your kindness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->