Remedies for constipation?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I've been clogged up for three days now. I've tried upping my fiber intake but it isn't really doing anything. Anyone have any remedies for constipation?

Not sure where you are from, but I took lactulose during my last pregnancy because I was so badly constipated. Hopefully they sell it where you live because it was a lifesaver!

A big spoonful of coconut oil as soon as you get up (if you can stomach it) followed by a coffee, really helps me. I was so constipated that my poo was cutting me!

After 4 days and no luck with colace or fiber intake... Black licorice. I despise the taste of it but I tried it... Settled my belly and I finally went!!!!

Thank you so much for the suggestions! This is why I love BnB... I would have never thought about any of those things had you lovely ladies not recommended them. I will surely try some of them!

I tried licorice when I was constipated, and prunes and heaps of water but nothing worked.

My cousin told me about lactulose and I swear by it! It's $10 from the chemist and lasts ages. I took it every day even when I wasn't constipated that day.

I've been clogged up for three days now. I've tried upping my fiber intake but it isn't really doing anything. Anyone have any remedies for constipation?

I'm still early on so maybe what I'm doing will atop being as effective in a few weeks lol, but right now I think the most important thing is making sure you're hydrated enough. You have more blood volume when pregnant and you need to drink over and above what you used to, especially if you're vomitting at all. Being dehydrated in and of itself can make you constipated.

I'd also take a probiotic and/or eat yogurt, and I've been eating cereal with flax and taking Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal since it has a food based source of iron which doesn't cause constipation, since a lot of prenatals have synthetics or poor quality iron that can stop you up badly.

I don't know what I'm doing but I go #2 every morning and it's a soft texture, so whatever I'm doing seems to be working lol. But every woman is different, just try a few of the above and see if they help you. Hope that helps! :hugs:

Oh! I almost forgot! I went to the health food store and got a bunch of dried figs and also dried papaya. Papaya is great for the digestive system and so are figs. I'm sure they help, as well.

I take probiotics which helps me. I still don't go sometimes, but it's never more than every other day. I tend to get more nauseous when I don't take my probiotics, so I wonder if my lack of morning sickness has something to do with that.

Also, fruit smoothies with greek yogurt seem to get me moving too. I make mine with berries and a fruit juice with the yogurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->