Remifentanyl

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
Is anyone planning to use this in labour? My anaesthetist has offered it to me as I can't have an epidural and struggled without pain relief last time before I was put to sleep for an EMCS.

We are trying for a VBAC and this drug was suggested. It sounds fantastic. Anyone ever used it before? She said it isn't widely available and isn't offered to everyone so may be a long shot. Just wondering if it really is as good as it sounds?

Hi, Yes I have been offered it again as an alternative as can not have epidural if I have taken my blood thinning with in 12 hours of labour.

I am really hoping to go in to labour at the time I don't have any restrictions but know it's a lottery.

I'm trying to push my consultant to induce at 38 weeks so I can have controlled choice but if not I will not be ruling this drug out.

Xx

I also take blood thinning injections. I'm being induced at 37 weeks so I know when to stop injections? May be an option for you too? It does sound great doesn't it. I'm not sure if the induction will work as only using gel and sweeps and if no labour by 38 weeks will have to be a repeat section. So I'm guessing I won't be taking the injections in that week. I'm not entirely sure. I'll have to ask more questions about it.

The drug sounds fantastic though!

My hospital are saying it isn't their protocol to induce and its down to when I go in to labour as to what I can't take.

It does sound good!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"