Removing meconium with cotton wool?

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hey everyone :flower:

Planning on doing things more naturally this time and would like to use cotton wool and for much longer.

Meconium is very very sticky! And I don't want to keep rubbing to irritate the skin, how do you remove meconium with just cotton wool? Do you use an oil like coconut oil + water with it?

Thank you :flower:

I've heard that putting coconut oil on the baby's bum for the first few days will keep the meconium from sticking to them, hence making it easier to clean off. Cloth wipes might be better than cotton wool as well, you can just spray them with warm water and wipe off.

For my DD the hospital has us put Vaseline on her bottom so it would wipe off easier.

I never found it a problem getting meconium off with just cotton wool and water. The problem poops in my experience are the 2 days backed up, bucket of korma style poops :sick: :haha:

I've never seen anyone use cotton wool, and only read about it in very old American pregnancy books. I used cotton wipes and water that I made myself, very cheap and easy and soft for baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->