renewal of vows

Discussion in 'Bride & Beyond' started by cherry_pie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cherry_pie

cherry_pie Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever heard of renewing vows at a church ceremony at the baby's christening? My husband and I got married really young and have talked about renewing our vows now we are a bit older and through quite a hard time, thought it would be lovely to do at the same time as our first baby is christened.

2. divershona

divershona Mummy to Kaya :)

i don''t know if it would be possible or not but it might be worth talking to the priest or whoever conducts the cristening ceremony to see if its possible? might just be that you could do the two ceremony's one after the other but its probably best to check as i imagine different churches could have different opinions on the matter and some might allow it on the same day whereas another one may not.

3. honeybee2

honeybee2 Well-Known Member

There was a lady on here who recently got married as a suprise at her babies christening! It is possible in that sense but as it would be a vow renewel, they'd be no legal paperwork involved so I'm thinking it could be quite easy to organise and personally i think its such a romantic idea!