Renewed energy in 2nd tri - does it exist?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Jus, Sep 30, 2008.

1. becky1978

becky1978 Mum to a 5 year old

No energy for me, but working full time and looking after a 5 year old!!

2. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

I'm still shattered and have no more energy than I did in first tri. x

3. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

I'm still waiting for that "bloomin" period where you feel and look great! It's just not coming! I've gone straight from exhausted and sick to fat heifer - no great middle period... :( Oh well

4. redberry3

redberry3 Love My Little Peek <3

barely for me!

5. jms895

jms895 Well-Known Member

I am even more tired than the 1st Tri!! Hope I start the so called 'blooming' soon!! :rofl:

6. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

I hope i get some energy back as im starting uni today :baby:

7. snowgirl

snowgirl Mummy to twin boys!

Funny you should post this as I just got an email newsletter from Pampers saying exactly that, about feeling more energetic in the 2nd Tri. And as I read it I thought "what a load of cr*p" :rofl:

If anything I have less energy :sleep:

8. o0oCharlieo0o

o0oCharlieo0o Well-Known Member

i think it differs with each pregnancy, i got my energy with brendan in my first pregnancy and it was great, but this time im more tired in 2nd tri than i was in first! im so tired constantly even if iv just woken up lol

9. SwissMiss

SwissMiss Well-Known Member

Great thread, I was wondering about this too! Its a LIE!!! :rofl:
    I have more energy than 1st tri for SURE but that's more 'cause I don't feel sick all the time... If you compare it to my 'normal' energy level I'm a 'sleepingbag' to translate from German! :rofl:

10. Leanne&Bump..x

Leanne&Bump..x Mam of Karl & a Pup x

I found i was more tired in the 2nd tri! I havent had any sickness throughout the whole pregnancy..only problem was bein nackered all the time, couldnt stay awake, headaches..but now im in 3rd tri im full of energy, redecorating everything!lolalthough i rarely manage to stay awake any later than 11 pm! x

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

I spend the whole first trimester in bed sleeping an unable to do anyting not even clean my house. Now I am up and about. Its slowly coming back the energy. Still get tired but I dont sleep during the day . I had to go on Iron tablets as I was so drained!

12. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

I got tons of energy in the middle of 3rd tri :) I'm just feeling like normal now its insane i thought i would be lazy as anything :shrug:

13. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

I've got more energy now than in the first tri, but nowhere near as much as before I was pg. I've just hoovered right through and had to sit down for half hour! :dohh: I really need to dust and clean the bathroom, but just can't be arsed. That's the difference in my energy. Before I would find the energy from somewhere, and now I couldn't care less!! :rofl:

14. enigma

enigma mum of 3 nearly 4.

In first tri i had no energy, i felt so drained with the ms but i dont have that much energy now either, i think it because i dont get a solid sleep at night, but as the kids are at school, it isent such a huge problem because i just go back to sleep when they are gone.
    I find when i sleep dur in the day though that i dont wake up properly, you just cant win.