Rent Deposit Scheme

Frankie

Reaction score
Can anyone answer me a question?

If you want to move and you have a deposit held up in a rent deposit scheme can another landlord use it?

We are wanting to move but its with another landlord, but saving up another £625 will be a complete nightmare.

I don't know for sure but I would imagine not, as a check out inventory would need to be done after your home is vacated and your current landlord would have to confirm if any deductions would need to be made before it is released to you.

the rent deposit as in the council scheme where they give you your deposit? or the bond scheme your landlord hhas to put your bind in it to protect it

if its the last one i think you can or usually landlords will take them a week late as it only takes a day to relase the money x

as long as you don't owe the council money
or the landlord needs to take some of the deposit
for repairs etc you can use it again but the landlord
will have to give it back to the council who will do
it again for you so it might take a week or so :thumbup:

Its a private landlord, there is no way we have damaged anything the place was a dive when we moved in and we have done loads to it including painting it all

Do you mean you have a deposit dispute with your current landlord and so you don't have access to it (landlord not giving it back)? If so, no a new landlord can't use it, you'd need to cough up another one. Landlords, if no damage to the property and inventory check out okay then you recieve it back either in cash or into your bank account etc, another landlord can't get it from the deposit scheme.

No it has to be separate, could you create an overdraft and pay it back when you get the deposit from the first property ?

I'm guessing you mean the deposit protection scheme? If so you will need to find new money I'm afraid, as you won't get the deposit back until after you've moved out. If there's no problems/disputes then you'll get your money back pretty quick, I've dealt with the DPS several times and they've always been great. If there is a dispute they're pretty fair with things, much more reasonable than most landlords/agencies.
Good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->