Repeated hcg levels

j84

Reaction score
So I had a bit of bleeding a week ago and took a pregnancy test as Id felt sick the day before and it's not usual for me to bleed inbetween periods. This was positive (my last period started 5th June so very early pregnant). I had a beta hcg done on Monday and the result was 112 with progesterone level of 27. They repeated the hcg on Wednesday and the result was only 114. They said to do another Friday and the result is 198. I've been back this morning and they've done another and I'll get the result tomorrow. The nurse said she doesn't think the pregnancy is viable and that they'll have a look at tomorrow's result and perhaps send me for a scan to try and locate the pregnancy which I'm guessing they think is ectopic. I've not had any pains and the bleeding stopped after 2 days. My period wouldn't be due until Friday coming so given I must've been at least a week past ovulation last Sunday I'm guessing I'm at 4 weeks pregnant now.

Anyone else been in a similar position? im guessing if I didn't have the first hcg result they wouldn't think anything dodgy was going on as the second two levels increase every 60 hours which isn't bad?

Thanks in advance.

Thoughts and prayers sent. I have ready many women who's hcg never doubled with healthy baby's so it's a waiting game now=/

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

I think the not knowing is the hardest but I'll take some comfort that it is very early so we have a bit of time to investigate - even if that means even more blood tests!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->