Rerograde ejaculation anyone?

amirini

Camille's Mommy
Reaction score
Does any one else here have a DH who suffers from retrograde ejaculation due to diabetes or other cause? If so what have you been doing to increase your chances of conception?

Sorry to say but had to google this and this is what I found hope it helps

Retrograde ejaculation may cause a couple to experience problems, including infertility, as most sperm fail to enter the partner's vagina, lowering the chances of conception. To induce pregnancy, the male's urine may be centrifuged and the isolated sperm injected directly into the woman.

In most cases those suffering from retrograde ejaculation are advised that a normal sex life is to be expected. However, a significant number of those patients with retrograde ejaculation have reported reduced sensation during orgasm.[citation needed]

Retrograde ejaculation refers to the entry of semen into the bladder instead of going out through the urethra during ejaculation

I had to google this too as I wasn't familiar. My OH doesnt have this problem but he has 'delayed ejaculation' which basically means he finds it difficult to ejaculate during penetrative sex. So I can relate to your problem in a way. With us I know I have less chance of becoming pregnant simply because I wont be able to ensure im having 'successful' sex at the right times. From what ive read just now it seems like you may be the same, it'll be a bit hit or miss as to whether it was a successful session.

All I can suggest run with it and see what happens, ive been TTC for 6 cycles now and sometimes it's frustrating but remember it only takes 1 sperm to reach that egg out of millions. There is no reason why you cant be extremely lucky!

Oh wow- I have never heard of this- but definitely good luck to you!

No experience with it, but best of luck to you!... To you too, KnitWit! Though I feel a bit bad calling you that!!! :hugs: to you both and speedy :bfp:s all around!

hi there - hope this info helps, my ex had retrograde ejaculation and we sought medical help to try to assist us with conceiving. We had to go to hospital for tests and he had a camera inside him in order to ascertain if there were any blockages. Retrograde ejaculation is common in type 1 diabetics apparently - my ex was diabetic. Then he was prescribed medication, which didn't really work and finally we were advised that our best shot would be to go down the ICSI route (I think I got that right!) - where they extract sperm from him and fertilise it with your eggs - similar to IVF but a little more complex. Hope this information helps - only speaking from experience. Good luck xxxx

I like to offer a suggestion, after experiencing issues with retrograde ejaculation for a number of years, I finally
resolved my problem. I did a combination of changing my diet, no beer a little wine, loss some weight, exercise, lot of walking, some weight work to tone abs and biceps, and herbal supplements went to some health food stores, Zinc, Multivitamins, L-arginine, Lecithin, Pycnogenol, Catuaba, CoQ-10, Celery, VIM-25(for good erection, the best. Make sure the powder in the capsule is brown and not white.), PC muscle training, and nearly a gallon or more of water. Surprisingly, hydration is important, so drink lots of water. Most important, know that drinking water, will send you to the restroom a lot, but make sure you empty your bladder, before you have intercourse. This way you will know that you are not urinating instead of ejaculating. I did this and my ejaculation was intense. Also have your wife work on her PC muscles, they enhance the milking
sensation that your penis will feel. Anyway, BOOM! I ejaculated, the intensity was so strong, it blew me away, I thought I urinated, because the force was so strong. It felt strange after not ejaculating for a long time. That why, I suggest urinate first, because the body can't do both.
- best

"My OH doesnt have this problem but he has 'delayed ejaculation' which basically means he finds it difficult to ejaculate during penetrative sex. So I can relate to your problem in a way. With us I know I have less chance of becoming pregnant simply because I wont be able to ensure im having 'successful' sex at the right times."

My OH has the same problem and its so frustrating trying to ensure that we hit it right! I'm so tired of being told to have sex every 2 or 3 days to increase our chances of pregnancy. My OH is very sensitive about it and won't really entertain any conversations or queries into treatment :-( Any advice would be greatly received x

Hi just to let u know my OH has retrograde ejaculation caused by type 1 diabities. I found on line that taking sudafed (OH takes it) can stimulate the nerve endings and close of the tube to the bladder. We bought over the counter sudafed as it is stronger and OH took 2 an hour before and 2 15 mins before sex. We did a couple of tests and it defiantly worked - in fact it worked so well I am now pregnant. :) try it!
I was getting so dis heartened we had been trying for over a year - dr's were taking forever - with sudafed we tried for 3 months :) just be sure u track when ur ovulating as too much sudafed isn't great for diabetes x x gd luck x.

Thank you for the helpful information and congratulations on your :bfp:!

Hello me and my amazing hubby have been trying actively for the past year but have been married for six he recently was diagnosed with retrograde ejaculation and I've read many different doses we tried 120mg an hr before bd and it worked for a while and now it doesn't work anymore . I don't know how much I should up the dosage to or try a different method as in when he should take it .... Please help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->