Research... Any Help Would be Amazing!

SydneyG

Reaction score
Hey yall,

I am a senior in high school and for my English class we are required to write a research paper on the topic of our choice. I was interested in doing a research paper on teen pregnancy and I am focusing on how pop culture and peer pressure have influenced the spike in pregnant teens. (Teen pregnancy has actually increased for the first time is fifteen years.) My problem is that anyone who I personally know that is currently a teen who is pregnant or anyone that is a teen mother doesn’t really want to answer my questions out of fear that my teacher will know who they are, which I totally understand. Also I just want yall to know I'm not here to judge or lecture anyone, I am just trying to get some research so that I can write my paper with a wide range of information.

If you want to answer my questions, and are/were a teen that is a mother or expecting, they are listed below:

1.If you have seen “16 and Pregnant” or “Teen Mom” on MTV, do you think they accurately portray life as a teen age mother?

2.Did peer pressure influence you in any way to have sex? If so, how?

3.Do you think the media explores all options when it comes to being a teen mother? (For example: abortion, adoption, and raising the child.)

4.What is your number one struggle as a teen mother?

5.Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?

6.Do you think celebrity teenage mothers such as Jamie Lynn Spears and Bristol Palin actually understand what it is like to be a teen mother?

I know these questions are personal, but even if one person could answer them that would be awesome. If you can only answer a few, no worries! Anything is better than nothing! You don’t need to tell me your name or any personal information, and you will be completely anonymous in my paper.

Thanks,
Sydney G.

1.If you have seen “16 and Pregnant” or “Teen Mom” on MTV, do you think they accurately portray life as a teen age mother?
in some ways yes, in some ways no. people cope in different ways

2.Did peer pressure influence you in any way to have sex? If so, how?
no

3.Do you think the media explores all options when it comes to being a teen mother? (For example: abortion, adoption, and raising the child.)
yes

4.What is your number one struggle as a teen mother?
to be honest i dont have any, i have all the support and people around me i need

5.Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they?
not at all

6.Do you think celebrity teenage mothers such as Jamie Lynn Spears and Bristol Palin actually understand what it is like to be a teen mother?
yes but not like a working class teenager does, as when teens get pregnant the first thing they think is money, where as they dont have to worry about that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->