Research - Women'st Studies Student UPitt

dlt23

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
My name is Dashanna Terry and I am a Women's Studies Student at the University of Pittsburgh. For my senior project I have chosen the topic of teen pregnancy with the question in mind of what women learn about sex inside and outside of the classroom before they become pregnant. Both my mother and sister were teenage mothers and I am very interested in how it has become a very "hot button" issue in politics and society today. My research is for the sole purpose of this class and will not be used or duplicated in any fashion for publication.
If you are interested in helping me with my project, please take some time to answer these questions for me. You can either post your answers below or you can post me your e-mail address (I'm not allowed to put mine up because I don't have 10 or more posts). Feel free to answer as many or as few questions as you like. I would really really appreciate it!

Here's my list of questions:

1. What is your age?
2. Where are you from?
3. How many children do you have? (ages?)
4. At what age did you have your first sexual experience?
5. Where would you say you learned the most about sex?
6. What did you learn about sex in school?
7. Did you talk about sex in your home? With parents? Siblings?
8. Did you plan to get pregnant?
9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant? What forms are you using now? (Why?)
10. Do you feel like the information you had about sex adequately prepared you for your first sexual experience?

I know these are personal questions but I think using a more anonymous space allows people to be more honest. Also there are a lot of questions and I know you're all busy but any answers you could provide to this post help my research. We could also talk by phone if you that works better for you. If so, please post your e-mail and specify that you would like to chat by phone.
Thanks for your time!

Best,
Dashanna Terry
University of Pittsburgh 2011
English Literature/French/Women's Studies

1. What is your age?
I'm 16

2. Where are you from?
Maidenhead, UK

None, I'm pregnant with my first 22 weeks and 4 days

I was 13

The internet (searching questions)
Not much, just the basics
Not at all
No I didn't

9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant? What forms are you using now? (Why?)
I knew of most of them, I didn't use any except for a condom a once. I'm not using any now since im pregnant.

10. Do you feel like the information you had about sex adequately prepared you for your first sexual experience?
No, i was really under informed to be honest. probs why i got pregnant.

This will probably be switched over to the press and research section, but I will

1. What is your age? 18
2. Where are you from? The USA
3. How many children do you have? (ages?) 1 that is almost 4 months.
4. At what age did you have your first sexual experience? 16.
5. Where would you say you learned the most about sex? Friends/
6. What did you learn about sex in school? Everything. How to protect yourself, disease, prenancy, etc.
7. Did you talk about sex in your home? With parents? Siblings? Nope.
8. Did you plan to get pregnant? Yes.
9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant? What forms are you using now? (Why?) I was using the pull out method, but knew of all options. I am not on the pill and he uses condoms.
Yes.

1. What is your age? 19
2. Where are you from? Baltimore, Maryland, USA
3. How many children do you have? (ages?) None, but obviously expecting.
4. At what age did you have your first sexual experience? 18.
5. Where would you say you learned the most about sex? Friends.
6. What did you learn about sex in school? Everything. Diseases, Protection, etc.
7. Did you talk about sex in your home? With parents? Siblings? No.
8. Did you plan to get pregnant? Yes and No.
9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant? What forms are you using now? (Why?) Pull out method.
10. Do you feel like the information you had about sex adequately prepared you for your first sexual experience? Yes.

1. What is your age? 19
2. Where are you from? Salt Lake City, Utah
3. How many children do you have? none
4. At what age did you have your first sexual experience? 15
5. Where would you say you learned the most about sex? Movies and media
6. What did you learn about sex in school? Protection & diseases.
7. Did you talk about sex in your home? With parents? Siblings? With none of my family members.
8. Did you plan to get pregnant? Not one bit.
9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant? What forms are you using now? (Why?) I've been on the pill every day for about 4 years and it just recently failed me.
10. Do you feel like the information you had about sex adequately prepared you for your first sexual experience? Yes.

1. What is your age? 17
2. Where are you from?California, USA
3. How many children do you have? (ages?) expecting baby #1
4. At what age did you have your first sexual experience? 15
5. Where would you say you learned the most about sex? friends
6. What did you learn about sex in school? not much
7. Did you talk about sex in your home? With parents? Siblings? none
8. Did you plan to get pregnant?no
9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant? What forms are you using now? (Why?) condoms and none I am pregnant
10. Do you feel like the information you had about sex adequately prepared you for your first sexual experience? No

1. What is your age?
im 20 (although i got pregnant with my son at 18)
2. Where are you from?
Kansas
i have a 18 month old son and im pregnant with my second (although i am married now and own our own home)
4. At what age did you have your first seal experience?
my mother
the consequences and how conception occurred and protection
my mother and I talked, father talked with my brother we talked about it and we knew our parents views on it
not at all
9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant?
What forms are you using now? (Why?)
I knew of every and all forms and was using condoms and bc but both failed i am not using as im pregnant
yes

1. What is your age?
2. Where are you from?
Northern California USA
Pregnant with first (14 weeks)
Internet/Friends
A lot, contraception, STD's.
Yeah my mom. Now I talk to my little brothers.
NTNP
Was on the pill nothing now.
Nope

1. What is your age?
2. Where are you from?
York, UK.
1, he's 12 months.
Experience, 13. Intercourse, 16.
Probably friends.
Not a lot. STIs and the biological side of conception.
Nope. When I moved out to live with my boyfriend my mum asked if I was using protection, that's the only ever conversation :haha:
Yes.
I knew of them all, I was not using any. I'm on the Pill now because all the long-term methods scare me! And I know the Pill works for me cos I was on it before I stopped taking it and got pregnant.
Yeah I guess. I knew I wanted to wait for someone I loved and I did.

1. What is your age?
I'm 18, will be 19 in July.

2. Where are you from?
Glasgow, Scotland, UK.

1 son, aged 4 months.

I was 14, almost 15.

Friends, TV, magazines, and actually having sex - definitely not school lessons!

Not much at all, it was basically just "Use a condom" and that was it.

Yeah, my mum gave me "the talk" once, and I told her never to give me it again :haha:

Yes, I did.

I used condoms, and knew of all of the other types of contraception, but had only ever used condoms. Now I'm on Cerazette, the mini-pill.

I'm not really sure to be honest, I was more of the 'advisor' within my group of friends, as I think I was one of the first to lose my virginity, so most of what I learned had come mainly through having sex, not talking about it.

1. What is your age? 19 years old.

2. Where are you from? Essex, UK

3. How many children do you have? (ages?) Two. A 20 month old daughter and a 10 week old son.

4. At what age did you have your first sexual experience? 14

5. Where would you say you learned the most about sex? friends and internet I guess!

6. What did you learn about sex in school? The basics!

7. Did you talk about sex in your home? With parents? Siblings? No, I think I spoke about it once or twice with my (younger) sister, but that's it.

8. Did you plan to get pregnant? Not exactly. The second time I did.

9. What forms of contraception did you use/know of before you became pregnant? What forms are you using now? (Why?) condoms. I'm not allowed the pill, my body doesn't agree with the mini pill, I'm terrified of injections, so the only one I'm looking into atm is the IUD.

10. Do you feel like the information you had about sex adequately prepared you for your first sexual experience? More or less.

1. What is your age?
2. Where are you from?
Ontario, Canada
2 7 and 14 months
friends
nothing
yes
no
none, Was told I couldn't have children
none, TTC
no

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->