Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

WelshRose

3Angels, TTC#2 for 2+ yrs
Reaction score
EDIT: I have just renamed this thread as I successfully talked myself into buying Maca....and would now love to hear from people taking it and provide a place for us to keep in touch....Heaps of :dust: everyone....be them :pink: or :blue: lets hope we get our lil inca warriors soon:winkwink:

:happydance: I can't tell you how happy I am that this thread has enough members now to start a testing page:yipee:....Let me know your dates and what happens at the end of the tww....hopefully this page will be a blur of flashing :bfp:

Feb 2010
:bfp:Marissa_E Team:pink::yipee:

April 2010
:hugs:Kelster823:angel:
:bfp:SBB Team:blue::yipee:
:hugs:HollyBush75 :angel:

May 2010
:bfp:Mamaxm:bfp:
:bfp:Sparkle05 Team:pink::yipee:
:bfp:Linny Team:pink::yipee:
:bfp:Mandy121 Team:yellow::yipee:

:brat: 5 :witch:

June
:hugs:CandyApple19:angel:
:hissy: 8 :witch:

July
:hugs:Whitbit:angel:
:hugs:Honey08:angel:
:bfp:CelticNiamh Team:blue::yipee:

:brat: 7 :witch:

August
:bfp:Wispyshadow Team:blue::yipee:
:hissy: 5 :witch:

September
:bfp:Lucy1973 Team:yellow::yipee:
:bfp:TickTock Team:yellow::yipee:
:hugs:TntArs06:angel:
:hugs:Chili:angel:
:hugs:Delilahsown:angel:

:brat: 3 :witch:

October
:bfp:xCharx Team:yellow::yipee:
:bfp:CandyApple19 Team:yellow::yipee:
:bfp:Pinkylisa28 Team:yellow::yipee:

:hissy: 5 :witch:

November
:brat: 8 :witch:

December 1st
:hugs:WelshRose:witch:

December 9th
TTCBaby117

December 11th
:bfp:Yazzy Team:yellow::yipee:

December 15th
AJThomas

December 18th
Kelster823
DandyBrush

December 29th
WelshRose

December 31st
Erin7707

My OH tried it as apparently it's good for sperm... i haven't personally tried it but it's worth a shot.
I may try it cause apparently it's very good on both female and male fertility! :) xxx

Thanks for replying Bethany:hugs:
Was beginning to think it was heading for thread heaven:dohh::rofl:

It definately is supposed to be good for us girlies as well as our OH's. It is supposed to balance out hormones and improve egg health while giving the old mojo a boost:winkwink: The more I think about it the more I'm convincing myself into getting some. Just wondered if there was anyone out there that would say "yes the stuff is great!" or like AC "steer clear...it mucked my cycles up!"...althou to be fair I don't think mine could get anymore mucked up:dohh::rofl:

Heaps of :dust: to you chick:hugs:

For him - not me!! And although it was a whole range of stuff that got us our BFP I am sure it works for him as was at very least always up for it when the CBFM said we had to!!!!! Bless him.:dohh:

Thanks littledemonme!....Congratulations on your lil princess:winkwink:

I have just bought some online after searching loads of the threads that mention it....a high % of the ladies are like yourself either expecting a lil bundle or have already had a LO. I've bought enough for the pair of us so we'll give it a go and keep our fingers crossed [-o<

Thank-you again for your reply:hugs:

maca is a super food which is good for fertilty for both men and women. It increases preg rates for women

here is a good website, you may have to search a bit for what you want...

https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca-green-superfoods-and-fertility-vitamins.html

Thanks Muncho:hugs:
That is a fab website:thumbup:
I hope you're all ok in the TCM thread...I'm going to pop by there later tonight....Tea to cook now:dohh:

Huge :hugs: honey xx

I know this is just the promotional garb from a company that sells maca - but it's still good reading. Maca

I bought some for my DH, and was going to take some myself - but with the pills and potions and POAS that I do, I thougt he could have something for himself. I'm not ruling out taking it in the future, but just now my cycles are regular and bloodwork shows I'm ovulating.

FX it works for you.

Thanks for the Link Leilani:hugs:
I can't wait for it to arrive now:winkwink:

That's great that everything is good with you hun...hope you get that sticky :bfp: soon....:dust::dust:

I'm taking Maca and so is my OH! We started this month (1st feb) so I'll let you know how I get on! lol

I read it helps with fertility and I have my fingers crossed that it will help us! We're both feeling pretty cynical about it all at the moment but I read about it and felt positive at the time! lol

We've got the tablet form and they smell and taste gross! I have no idea how anyone has the powder form! Blaaaaagh!

I'm guessing we should continue taking it throughout the month as I know with evening primrose you stop after Ov.

x

Yay MummyIwanabe!
FX'd that it turns into your lucky cycle chick:winkwink:

I also ordered the capsules as well....thought there would be more chance of hubby taking those than the powder:dohh:

How many capsules are you taking a day? Do you mind me asking what made you start taking it?

From what I've read hun it is safe to take throughout the whole of the cycle and even pregnancy....please keep in touch...I'd love to know how you get on:hugs::dust:

Taking 3 capsules a day. I started taking it as after 15 months we starting to read more about natural remedies that may help. My mum suggested it as she'd read someone famous had suggested it to two of their friends and the next month they were pregnant! Now that would be amazin if it happened to us! Keep trying to stay positive but finding it difficult but I really hope Maca is the secret!

I will continue taking it then throughout this month and let you know how I get on! Good luck to you too! Def good idea to get tablets not powder. The tablets smell in the bottle and even that makes me gag!!!

I take 3 tablets of 500mg as the website suggested

https://www.mumstuff.co.uk/cgi-bin/...aca&PN=Rio-Peruvian-Maca.html#aGG0018#aGG0018

xxxx

Well if it's good enough for the rich and famous...it's good enough for us Hun:winkwink:

My DH and I have also been trying for 18mths...would love a sticky :bfp: right now to get off this rollercoaster ride.

I've just been reading more past posts on it....that's something to keep the positivity up hun...lots of :bfp:s and :baby:s out there. It seems thou that maca hasn't made it onto the boards recently, all the posts are about a year back....hoping we'll be the next two maca :bfp:s...:friends:

Hi there. I'm new here but am very interested in Maca Root for fertility.

I've had all sorts of issues with my menstrual cycles since May last year and have only just gone to the GP to sort it out. My mother saw an article in Take A Break last year about a lady who had trouble conceiving and used Maca Root. I didn't think too much of it as we were only still in the early months of TTC again. I saw the article about Anna Friel in the paper so I bought some. I've just started taking it from CD1 (2 days ago) so am hoping it starts to do the trick in sorting out my hormones and perhaps giving the libido a bit of a push too :shy:

At the moment I'm just taking 2 tablets as it says on the bottle.

Hope it all works out for us :thumbup:

:hi: Holly
Great to have you on board Hun:flower:
Really hoping that it helps to sort us all out and get us those magical :bfp:

On the pot I got it said to take 2-6 (500mg) tablets a day so I've gone in the middle and am taking 2 in the morning and 2 at lunchtime.
My DH and I have also been trying for a while now (18mths). I started taking it yesterday which is going to be 1-2 days before O (I hope)...I had a positive opk this morning:yipee:

Heaps of luck and :dust: chick...keep us posted on how you get on:hugs:

Well here's my first little update on the effects of Maca Root.

So I've been taking it since CD1 and today is CD4. CD2 & CD3 I felt my normal grumpy-pants menstrual self, no energy, just feeling :growlmad:

So far today I feel really good, plenty of energy, excellent mood that even my leaking boiler didn't spoil :happydance:

I just *feel* great :thumbup: - now all the reading I've done about Maca Root does say that it can raise energy levels so if this is already having an effect then FAB :yipee:

Thats Fab news hun:thumbup:
Hopefully it's the maca...I know I read on one of the many websites that effects can be felt quite quickly in some people....hoping your one of them:winkwink:

It's my 2nd full day today...must take my lunchtime ones in a mo and as of yet...not too much of a difference but I'm hanging in there for at least 3mths:thumbup:

How old is your furbaby Hun....She/he looks gorgeous:awww:

xxx:flow:xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"