Respond Poorly to Drugs?

m&c77

Reaction score
Anyone out there not respond well to IVF drugs? I just had to cancel an IVF cycle and want to feel like someone else has had something like this. On clomid I had like 3 or 4 follicles, but the IVF drugs only gave me 1 - ugh.

Hi, I haven't had this problem, I know of lots of girls that have.

What protocol were you on? There are lots of different protocols that can help increase egg count and quality and different dosages. If this was your first IVF cycle try not to worry that this will keep happening (easier said than done I know :rolleyes:) because the first few are like test runs because they don't know how you will respond and they generally start out with lower dosages to eer on the side of caution.

Your FS can either:

* Increase the amount of FSH

* Change protocol to a flare or antagonist (i'm guessing you just did a long down reg which is standard)

* You can also just have high doses of clomid, I know a lady who is doing this because she did 3 IVF cycles with only 1-2 eggs and no embies, so they did a clomid cycle and retrieved about 3 eggs, she ended up with 1 embie and is now pregnant.

I can only imagine how disheartened you must feel, but I hope it reassures you a little to know that there are lots more things you can try :hugs:

Hey FJL - thanks for responding to me. I dont think anyone else really has this problem. sucks.
I was on the long lupron protocol. My FS is switching to ganerelix and gonal-f and skipping lupron and bc next time. i just have to decide when i want to start again. ugh.
it is just really weird that i only got 1 egg - that is how many i normally get.

Hi

My problem is different to yours - I collect plenty of eggs and then have a shit fertilisation rate - which really sucks too. I hope your new protocol helps to retrieve more eggs for you.

Good luck

I'm on a really big Aussie IVF forum and what has happened to you happens to lots of the ladies, and from what I read about their journies, doing a different protocol (sounds like your FS is going to try an antagonist which is great) has always gotten them more eggs AND they tend to be much better quality.

And i've read of girls who get lots of eggs but not very good fert results too Maz, and same thing with protocol change = less eggs but good quality...quality not quantity.

I know exactly how you feel.
I didnt respond well to he follical stimulation drugs either, on my next cycle my dr's putting me on a higher dose... so fingers crossed

thanks for replying.
i am going on gonal-f and ganerleix (sp?) next time. i have read and heard from my friend that this type of treatment can lead to a lot of eggs but most immature - unless an estrogen patch is used prior to gonal-f. anyone ever hear that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->