restless leg syndrome

lucybear05

Reaction score
aargh its driving me mad!! i cannot sleep and to top it all off my daughter keeps getting into our bed so i am now downstairs on the sofa as i don't have room to move in bed!! this restless leg syndrome is driving me mad, does anyone else suffer from it?? :growlmad:

i think i do, just one leg doesnt seem to get comfy no matter wat i do. hate it.
my hips are killin all the time aswel dont think that helps much either.
sleepin with a pillow in between my legs works sometimes or puttin it over OH.
hope u find something to make it more comfortable x

apparently putting a bar of soap in bed with you helps - haven't tried it but getting close... it's especially bad in the evenings when I start to get tired - not at all fun :(

I think someone on here mentioned that eating bananas helps too? (I think)

I had it a wee while ago. I go to a yoga birth class and the yoga teacher suggested upping my calcium levels - as it's a sign of calcium deficiency - might be worth a try?
Nettle tea is supposed to be good for it, though it tastes disgusting!

thanks for the tips will be sure to try them out. although i'll probably be on the sofa again no doubt !!

Argh, I remember getting this and it sucks...big time!

The only thing that seemed to help even remotely a little bit was a nice warm bath with muscle relaxing bubble bath in.

Apparently, it can be contributed to what you eat which is why some days are much worse than others....not too sure if this is correct though.

Bananas would be logical as they contain potassium which if you are low, would cause restless leg syndrome. But to be honest, I think it's just because you are pregnant and although that is not much of a consolation, it does seem to stop immediately once you have given birth!!!

xxxx

I had it a wee while ago. I go to a yoga birth class and the yoga teacher suggested upping my calcium levels - as it's a sign of calcium deficiency - might be worth a try?
Nettle tea is supposed to be good for it, though it tastes disgusting!

Try nettle tea with mint (found it in Wholefods)- yummmm, can't get enough of it!!

i
my hips are killin all the time aswel dont think that helps much either.
sleepin with a pillow in between my legs works sometimes or puttin it over OH.

I totally read that as putting the pillow over OH - I thought that suffocating him was an unusual way of helping your legs!! :rofl::rofl:

I had bananas yesterday and also a warm bath, but nevertheless couldn't sleep because my legs felt so strange. I don't even know how to describe it, there is no pain as such, but I feel the urge to shift and move them all the time, they just feel so RESTLESS lol, so I am wondering if that is it... doubt that I have calcium deficiency, but who knows.. sigh...

Yep im getting this and its driving me mad :growlmad:. Ive upped my calcium intake, but it hasnt helped so far :shrug:. I always get it in the evening as im trying to relax, and end up getting up and literally stomping around the house just to try to alleviate it :nope:. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->