restless leg syndrome

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
does anyone else have this ? Its starting to drive me mad, I have had it for a while, my mum has it too, and when I was pregnant it was really bad. My legs twitch and jump, I cant keep them still constantly moving them around, and I have uncomfortable annoying feeling in my legs and ankles. Its got to the point where I cant sit and watch a film with Dave because my legs jump around so much it drives me (and him) mad so I just go to bed. Most peole with it have difficulty sleeping, but for me getting into bed seems to stop it most the time, so I think it is caused by over tiredness. Just wondering if anyone else suffers with this and have found anything that helps.

P.S Tif will tell you how bad it gets and how annoying it is lol

I have this Laura. I completely understand how you feel. Mine gets worse when I am really tired and need to sleep and it was really bad during my pregnancy. Lee gets really annoyed with me!

glad someone knows what its like! Its not like it hurts its just so frustrating, have you found anything that helps ? I was looking at homeopathic remidies but there so many I dont know which one lol

Whats it like? I can imagine the Kenny Everett show ......in the most imposible taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get really bad scatica and im in agony for hours but dont think there is a cure for it, if so, please let me know?:dohh:

I get this feeling im my legs and I have to move them, stretch them out,wiggle them, jump about.If I get up and walk around it stops. So I can sit still. Its like a creeping pulling wierd sensation in your legs its hard to describe lol xx

glad someone knows what its like! Its not like it hurts its just so frustrating, have you found anything that helps ? I was looking at homeopathic remidies but there so many I dont know which one lol

I didn't know you could actually do anything about this. I thought I jus had to live with it! Although its not painful I can't tell you how irritating it is.

i get it when im pregnant or when im really tired, being as im both at the mo its quite bad and driving me nuts, im in bed by 10 everynight coz of it lol

xx

I get this something rotten, my dad does too (especially if he's had a drink drives my mum mad lol).

By about 8/9pm I just can't sit in the same position I constantly move my legs around as I just can't get comfy and it drives me and DH up the wall.
If I go to bed and watch TV and lie straight it seems to ease up.

Don't think there's much you can do about it :hugs:

Cx

I was researching it on google, there seems to be loads of studies into it, theres some leg calm tablets you can get, but I cant swallow tablets lol, other than that things suggested are

cold water
eucalyptus (sp)
electric vibrator lol honestly!

cant remember the rest

My Mum used to have this generally, we always nknew when she was tired as she couldn't keep her legs still. I could never understand it until this time round being pregnant with Alfie, I used to have it and it was horrible, so uncomfy, you just don't know what to do with your legs......very weird!:wacko:

But I defo think related to tiredness as that is the only time Mum had it, and the same for me in pregnancy!

I had this in my last pregnancy and it drove me mad inly at night and I couldnt sleep from keep rubbing my feet against each other and twitching, and also getting leg cramp. I havent had eather particularly this time, but I believe its agrivated by lack of potassium in your diet, which would make sense why I havent been getting it this time round cause I have been eating a banana every day. Perhaps try this and see if it makes any difference.

Yup I have just looked this up now, possasium helps with general muscle health and RLS is also caused by iron, calcium and magnesium deficiency, all of which are common in pregnancy which might explain why its common then. You can get cheewy vitamin and mineral tablets if you dont like swallowing normal tablets, or just look at your diet and make sure you getting enough of these in what you eat. Ir get yourself to your GP and have your Iron levels checked in case your anemic.

I've had this lots!! One of the most annoying things in the world!!!!

I'm laying in my bed trying to sleep and all my mind keeps focussing on is my bloody legs, telling me they need to be streched or moved or something. So i strech them then i get the worse cramp in the world - karl was laughing his head off the other day when i woke up in the middle of the night with THE most painful cramp in my foot. I spasmed my leg off the bed and told him to strech my foot out for me... great times..NOT.

I get this really bad and have had it since about 6 months. I'd say it was my most annoying pregnancy symptom as it wakes me up at night and stops me from getting to sleep!

I think it's because of all the pressure from your uterus on your legs and the nerves in your legs. Can cause cramp too although I've not really had bad cramp just this bloody annoying twitchyness!).

If anyone finds a cure let me know. At the moment I have to get up and walk around for a bit then go back to bed.

well at least Im not alone lol! I might try to eat more bananas then and more healthy foods, infact I will also get some multivitamins, thanks cat :) xxx

def all you pregnant woman eat bananas it does work for pregnancy related RLS. Im living proof!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->