Restless legs

r-s-o

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Im 37+0, and have had restless legs all through my pregnancy. Its now getting to the stage I am so uncomfortable from it, its really getting to me. I'm already tired and frustrated being so big, but this is making things 10 times worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions to relieve this?

Thanks

Hi - I started getting it a few weeks ago and at its worst, I was in tears at 4am with my legs feeling on fire!

They have seemingly settled down a bit themselves but I found sleeping in some long tight knee socks helped a lot and have also invested in some Burts Bees leg cream which cools them down and makes them feel lots more comfortable.

xx

me too!

dont have any cures im afraid but I usually pad myself with a pillow between legs, hot water bottle and just keep moving all night - also get cramps in legs and hips so just rubbish nights sleep now!

drinking lots doesnt help as I drank about 2 litres last night during the night and didnt help...

Yeah ive tried to drink more, but that just ends up with me making a lot more trips to the loo at night, which is often enough at the moment!!

I havent had this since I was given tablets for low iron stores. My iron count was ok, but stores were low so maybe get your mw to chase you last bloods. There was a post about this a few weeks ago, and a few of us had something wrong with iron and hadnt had it since it had been treated. worth a try! x

The only thing that helps for me is a bath in Epsom salts. I have one every night just before going to bed. It also seems to help with all the other aches and pains from pregnancy :thumbup:

the only thing i have found that helps me on this is getting up and walking about the house for 10 min or so xx

i had this so bad, got some compression stockings for the day from boots which worked wonders and drinking coconut water helps as it's full of potassium, v hydrating and is meant to ease cramping - definitely helped me the other night. you can get lots of different sorts in holland and barrett. bananas should be good for this too!

Mine came back last night. I'd not used my cream or socks and the only thing i did differently was not to have pillows between my legs.
They'll be back tonight! x

I have had this from about 28 weeks and it was driving me mad. I bought some firm support tights from boots. I wear these in the day and take them off at night. Since I have worn them I do sleep better and for longer periods. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"