• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

retro sweeties

MummyMummy

Reaction score
me and mr.man was talking last night about how cool the he man jellies you got in a plastic packet, peeled the film off the back and pushed from the front and the jellie came out were and about that like a metre long roll of bubbly gum, how it was always red flavour :lol:

also nibbles i adore and choc lick... though both don't taste the same as they did when i was younger :(

pick and mixes were fab... yet nobody seems to make them up anymore?

ohhh and puffs crisp... not seen them in forever!

what do you miss? or what don't you see much of these days that you wish you could see again?

xXx

I cant believe how much our generations were raised on sugar!
I liked push pops, ring pops, white mice (I know, gross!) bonbons in all flavours including the ones with gooey toffee in, toffifees, cola bottles and all pick n mix items! sherbert saucers! and a tonne of chocolate. No wonder I ended up with a mouthful of fillings

omg push pops! :rofl: do you remember that reeeeally cheesey ad they had with the annoying looking kids in? :rofl:

funny how kids perceptionsof sweets have changed... seeing my mums kids and their friends a 20p mix wouldn't be enough now a days they want £1 to spend on sweets :| i know £1 is nothing (though with the 6kids my mum has at home atleast £1 each soon adds up!!) but compared to 'just' my 20p sweets :|

i love love love them super soft plastic bottles with twist top drinks... our local shop sells them and mr.man always buys me 1 when he goes :D

xXx

I remember the advert! With them pushing it up and grinning those awful cheesy grins:rofl:

We dont tend to eat many sweeties these days, but the other day I checked out the sweet counter and was so shocked...tiny bag of walkers crisps for 50p, creme eggs were minute and 70p, everythings a lot smaller and more than double the price

"Back in my day" you could get a good packet of crisps for 10p and a weeks supply of sweeties for a quid...And Im only 21!

I remember the advert! With them pushing it up and grinning those awful cheesy grins:rofl:

We dont tend to eat many sweeties these days, but the other day I checked out the sweet counter and was so shocked...tiny bag of walkers crisps for 50p, creme eggs were minute and 70p, everythings a lot smaller and more than double the price

"Back in my day" you could get a good packet of crisps for 10p and a weeks supply of sweeties for a quid...And Im only 21!

Snap- i was rich if i got 50p for sweet's i could get two things! OOOOO and those hamberger things.

we used to go to the sweet van that used to come round when we lived in England and buy a tube of hard sweets called frosties for 10p. I also used to get that candy rock stuff you got in packets and you put it in your mouth and it kinda crackled and popped lol

we used to go to the sweet van that used to come round when we lived in England and buy a tube of hard sweets called frosties for 10p. I also used to get that candy rock stuff you got in packets and you put it in your mouth and it kinda crackled and popped lol

lol I used to mix that with coca cola and watch it come out through my nose :sick:
what about highland toffee bars?? black jacks mmmmmmmmm
fish and chips and kola kubes :blush:

This is a bit random but made me think of it - I was on a school trip once, and got popping candy stuck under my eye lid popping away - ouch!!

omfg :rofl:

how? why? wth was you doingwith sweeties near your eyes girlie?!

:lol:

xXx

I loved them tiny little red sweets that tasted like soap! Havent seen them in ages! lol

i miss the fish n chip crisps...and the puff crisps...not sweets but got me thinking bout them :lol:

i miss the fish n chip crisps...and the puff crisps...not sweets but got me thinking bout them :lol:

pleaser tell me you dont mean scampi and fries :sick: cos if u do they still do them lol

Apple Jacks they were soooooo nice x They were like fruit salads & black jacks but obviously apple flavour lol x

Also Nerds & Dweebs x

a good website for sweets is www.aquarterof.co.uk

secret bars - anyone remember them???? ooh and nerds - yummy x x

Super Sour Nerds MMMMMM

I also loved those gummy things that were multi-coloured with the film over them.

Also the bubble gum balls that came on a long strip and the flavour lasted all of 2seconds haha

What about the oversized strawberrys that were like 2p each and Jolly Ranchers, dont even think they do these anymore??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"