Retroverted Uterus?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Is this something to worry about?

I had an early reassurance scan yesterday and measured 8+2, she said my uterus was very retroverted, this is my 4th child and never had this said before so just wondering is it anything to worry about at this stage? x

I had it with my first ad there was mo mention of this with my second so I'm guessing it's just one of those things in each pregnancy! It's nothing to worry about it just means your less likely to show sooner but as this is your fourth baby I'm sure you'll show sooner rather than later 😂 I'm pretty sure it don't cause any problems in pregnancy either

Thank you!

I'm only 8 weeks and feel big already none of my clothes fit me I'm living in leggings but I do think it's all bloat for now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10
My mum also had a retroverted uterus on me so maybe there's a link somehow, I'm defo going to read up on this again! Aw cute little bump! I was showing by 7 weeks on my second baby I convinced myself it was all bloat but it never went away and it only got bigger! 💜

Oh no I'm trying to hide it for as long as I can haha!

Apparently it's genetic but then it's never been picked up before? x

No problem at all. I found out I had one before getting pregnant, and my doctor described it as "similar to being left handed". It's less common, but not going to cause a problem.

As the baby grows, your uterus will eventually tip forward into the more standard position. It may, or may not, go back to retroverted postpartum. Mine did after my first.

I found out several years ago I had a retroverted uterus and have had two babies since then with my third on the way. Its more common than you think and causes no issues.

It's a normal variation of the position of the uterus. Your uterus either sits flopped forward or backward. It's just the way you were made and that won't change depending on pregnancy.

I have a retroverted uterus. It had corrected by my dating scan. Nothing to worry about.

I have a retroverted uterus. I was told in 2011 during my first miscarriage. They said pregnancy usually 'rights it' because of the weight of the baby but 5 years on, 2 daughters and 8 pregnancies it's still rather retroverted lol. It's absolutely nothing to worry about. It's made no difference to me TTC or giving birth naturally

:flow:

I have it as well it just means it's tilted so it's harder and maybe more uncomfortable to have transvaginal ultrasounds I've read it will fix itself when baby grows bigger it causes no issues in pregnancy and Labour from what I've learned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->