Returning or Exchanging baby clothes you were given as a gift?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
My work collegues have given me some baby stuff, its 0-3 and I have so much (25 baby grows!!!) in that size, plus one is a big puffy all in one - not so good for a summer baby.

So I want to take them back and exchange them for larger sizes, but I don't have a receipt, not even a gift one. Its ASDA and Mothercare. Do you think they will exchange them for bigger sizes without a receipt? I am a woose at things like these!!

yeah they should do, just explain that they were gifts, its not like u r askin for a refund.

not sure but its worth a try. so long as the tags are all on still! x

Yes if they still are packed how they was when bought x

i dont see why they shouldnt..so long as tags are still on :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

I have found asda really good and someone told me mothercare are quite good too, especially if you are exchanging rather than refunding, its not as if they are missing out!

I have found asda really good

i might try to exchange some stuff if this is the case. i rather excitedly brought a baby starter pack from there in blue when we found out the sex. since then ive recieved identical ones from my mother and step-mother in law.

There shouldn't be a problem as long as the tags are still on, you aren't asking for a refund, take care :hugs: XX

I have taken clothes back to Asda without receipt as I have lost it and they have been fine. They either will give you an exchange or put the money equivalent onto a giftcard for you to use in the next 12months, really fair of them.

P.S. a friend of mine had twins in May and they go so many outifts the same and as they didn't want to dress the boys identical they ended up returning lots to different stores and never once encountered a problem.

Good luck...x.

Sorry this is not clothes related but it is exchange related - Boots will also swap nappies (obviously as long as they've not been opened). So if you end up with too many of one size then you can swap them without a receipt (I guess you could swap ones that weren't bought there too as long as they stock them)

just exchanged some clothes in asda. they agreed without blinking an eyelid! although some items had since been reduced in price so could only offer current prices, but got some other nice stuff so im happy :happydance:

As long as you are exchanging or even getting gift vouchers from the stores then it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->