Returning to B&B...hoping to conceive baby #2

heatherr

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm Heather and I first came to this forum several years ago when I was just 17 years old and unexpectedly pregnant. There is a big long thread in the teen pregnancy section with thay story in it. I was here to get advice and support, which I definitely received heaps of, and ended up using my thread as a sort of pregnancy diary along the way.

Anyway, I'm 24 now and my little girl is almost 6.5 years old, unbelievable to me! Her father and I got married in the summer of 2019. We knew we wanted to have a second baby and we didn't want our children to be that far apart in age. We decided to not intentionally try but to stop preventing as soon as we got married. I got off my birth control a few months before we were married and we were just careful and used condoms for a few months. It sounds silly because we already have a daughter together, but we wanted to wait until we were officially married to get pregnant again.

Since our daughter was conceived without trying or planning and it only took a few times before it happened we figured we'd get pregnant very quickly this time around, but it didn't happen and still hasn't happened. Once Covid had been around for a few months and didn't look to be going anywhere we decided to use start using condoms or for him to pull out because we weren't sure that we wanted to get pregnant and have a new baby with Covid going on (I know, the pull out method isn't birth control, but we were okay with the chance that pregnancy could happen in this case).

We decided to intentionally start trying in March 2021 and we were more serious about it this time. I've been tracking my ovulation and we've been having sex when we should and then some. I know it's only been about 4 months since we started intentionally trying, but I'm just getting frustrated that it hasn't happened when I got pregnant so easily without trying the first time around. I was hopeful this time and thought I was feeling a little "different," like I just had a feeling it was going to happen this month, but I got my period last night so I'm feeling bummed.

Anyone else easily conceive the first child and struggle to conceive the second?

Anyone else from 2014-2016 that I may have talked to back then still around this place?

@heatherr how are things going for you now? I saw you haven't updated in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"