reverse psychology?

butterbaby

Reaction score
So yesterday I was feeling down and wanting a baby and OH who has been working out of town asks me on the phone "what can I do to make you happy?" and I half-jokingly said "give me a baby" and he was like "okay! If you want to let's make it happen when I come home." I was taken aback and now I don't know what to do. It's kind of what I wanted to hear but at the same time we have a trip planned in February which I don't want to be feeling lousy on if I were to get pregnant right away. I'd also like to try to lose a bit of weight before trying. The plan is to start TTC in February, maybe while on the trip! I am pretty sure it is best to wait the few months rather than start right away but it's just so hard when all of the sudden you get the go ahead. Any of your OH do stuff like this to you?

Mine did! We just had our son in August, but always knew we wanted a small age gap between our two. We had planned on starting TTC in February-June of next year, but the other night when I got a smiley face on an OPK (I had begun tracking my cycles again so it would be easier for us to conceive once we start trying) he said "Let's just go for it!" I was shocked! They would almost exactly a year apart. So we went for it! Scary! But it's what we wanted anyway.
If you want to take your trip and guarantee that you feel your best, I'd say hold off. I felt fine throughout my whole pregnancy last time, but every woman and pregnancy is different. This time, I also was in the position that I wanted to get in better shape for my next pregnancy, but I'm doing so now, even while we're TTC. And I actually found during my last pregnancy I lost a lot of fat because my diet was so much better than it had been. So it's totally up to you! There are pros and cons for both. What does your OH think about each option?

He supports either way. He's ready now but he wants me to have a good time on the trip. I think I'll just wait it out, work on my diet some more to prepare and get into a good exercise routine. Although if something happened beforehand it would be very welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->