Rhesus negative ladies- advice after miscarriage

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Ladies help! I had a miscarriage in November, I found out I was pregnant then started bleeding for a week and tests went negative.

I just got on with it and just found out I'm pregnant again!!!

I didn't get the rhesus negative injection you get when you have a bleed and I'm worried now that it will affect this one?

I'm at the doctors on Thursday anyway but should I do anything sooner? x

You should be fine but definitely mention it to the doctors. I'm thesis negative and have bled in this pregnancy but I haven't needed an anti d yet, I did however get in after my miscarriage but I had a mmc so had an Erpc and they gave it me after the procedure. I'm sure it's second trimester for first injection. Congratulations 😀😀

How far along where you with your loss? They usually won't give the shot in first tri as there isn't much research supporting it works/ a need for it before 12 weeks. Before 6 weeks, baby hasn't developed to the point where the blood mixing can be dangerous for future pregnancies.

How far along where you with your loss? They usually won't give the shot in first tri as there isn't much research supporting it works/ a need for it before 12 weeks. Before 6 weeks, baby hasn't developed to the point where the blood mixing can be dangerous for future pregnancies.

I was told this too after my miscarriage and I was 10 weeks gone. When I phoned to speak to them about it though as I miscarried at home, I did get passed around from person to person though so I'd definitely speak to your midwife about it

I had an anti d after my MMC at 9.2 but I don't think it's needed. Leaflet from the hospital says they only do it routinely after 12 weeks. The only thing you can do now is to test for antibodies. My dr said I could have that done of worried. But I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

I was only about 5-6 weeks I think it all happened at home didn't go the doctors or anything then read up about it!

Do I mention it at booking in then or earlier to try and get it sooner x

i think you should be fine but,do mention it at appointment. I am rh negative too had a shot after my d&c procedure at 9 weeks. not sure how things are done there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->