• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Rhesus Negative

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question as I haven't seen it mentioned yet. I've got rhesus negative blood and so I have an appointment at the hospital at 28 weeks for some injections. Is this normal?

ummm Im not sure, I was told id get the shots for it after i gave birth...I didnt think they could give it to you now... :/

Thats what I thought! I'll ask my midwife tomorrow but I haven't heard of anyone else having this before...

I'm O rhesus negative and my mum said I'll get an injection after bubba is born (shes negative as well) but I'm checking with my midwife on weds

I am rhesus neg and I have anti D injections at 28 weeks and 34 weeks. I also had to have them when I had a small bleed. It is perfectly normal to have them! We will also have them after the birth! Nothing to worry about and they don't hurt as much as people say!!!

I am too, and had injectiosn after baby was born. My sister is too, but lives in a diff area and had injections throughout her pregnancy. I think its down to the different hospitals how they manage it

im rhesus neg too and been told ill need around 4 injections before the birth to make sure bubs is ok, as we dont know what blood type the bubs has yet.

Im fine with it - my mum is r.n and she had 4 of us, im the only one with the same bloody type, but all of us are fine. and my SIL has had 5 children and she is rhesus neg too, and all of her bubs have been fine. Its really common now. Nothing to worry about!

i was told I would have injections at 26 weeks and it didn't really matter as I only want one baby but I'm still having them in case I have a lil accident later cus I know my OH is positive.

I A Neg and am having an injection at 28 weeks and then one after the baby is born. My Sister had the same.

Thanks guys! Thats really reassuring actually. I was starting to worry a bit as I had a few bleeds in first tri and I thought it could be down to that. Its good to know that its down to the hospital, gives me more faith in mine I guess!

Ok I am A Neg and it goes like this: you have early bloods done and they check you for any sign of anti bodies developing. If none then they don't give you the injection until after the birth and then it is only done when the babies bloods group has been checked and if it is positive. If it's the same as yours they don't give it at all!!

If you have some slight sign then they will give you the injection at 28 and 34 weeks. Or even if it's your first pregnany then some hosps give it at 28 and 34 weeks as routine. I have had 1 positive baby and 2 negs babies. I had anti D with my first after the birth. I had anti D with both the negs babies as I had bleeds early on and I had it after my m/c's too. I haven't had it this pregnancy and probs wont unless when they test the babies blood after birth it is positive then I will have it.

It doesn't do any harm to have regardless of your anit bodies but it does sting when they stick it in your bum!!

Hey im the same and had to have injections at 28wks and 34wks. Perfectly normal :) So dont worry yourself!

It doesn't do any harm to have regardless of your anit bodies but it does sting when they stick it in your bum!!

I didn't think of this until I was sat in the waiting room - then I suddenly said to my OH "I hope they don't stick it in my bum"... and they did! :rofl: Apologised to my midwife for not having prettier knickers on!

I'm rhesus negative and have to have a shot of Anti D at 28 weeks (also need to make sure you get your bloods done about a week before then instead of at 28 weeks). Some hopsitals will give you one large shot at 28 weeks others will do two smaller ones at 28 and then 34 weeks. Also if you have a bleed or you fall heavily on your bump you will need a booster shot. Ask your midwife for a leaflet on being Rhesus Negative it will explain more in there.

I am also Rh negative..and my hubby is positive. There has been talk that I will need the shots at 28 weeks as well. But it is very normal!

Yep I'm O negative as well, had the shot at 28 weeks and after I gave birth as Hannah is O positive like her daddy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"