Rhesus negative

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
I'm rhesus negative I had 1 anti d injection I think at 28 weeks but never got the second injection as I had my twins 11 weeks early. I didn't get a second injection after the birth as twins were both negative!

I have just found out that I am pregnant again.

Will my body attack this pregnancy as I only had 1 injection? Do I wait until 28 weeks again? I'm only 5 weeks and got another 3 weeks until I see mw.

Can anyone help advise me?

No idea sorry. Congratulations on the pregnancy. X

no if your babies were negative then yout body wont make antibodies to attack the new pregnancy. that would only happen if you twins were positive. but you will need injections again in this pregnancy again incase baby is positive.
only way to avoid it is to test fob, if he is negative then there is no chance of positive baby.

I know my hubby is positive I was amazed when my twinnies non identical were both negative! possible this new pregnancy might be a positive but good to know my body won't attack it! Thank you ladies x

Hey hun, I'm rhesus negative and out of 4 kids only my second was negative. One or both twins must have been positive because I had the anti d after their birth. As Fuzzy already said, you only get it if the delivered baby/ies is positive. It is also routinely given now at 28wks, and if you have a significant bleed or miscarriage after 10wks.

I have always found staff to be really on the ball regarding rhesus status, and have never developed antibodies in 4 pregnancies as a result ;) x

No you will be fine, I am also A- one of my twins was + so I did get the injection. My first son was - so I got no injection after birth, my second was - so again no injection. I had a mc on my 3rd so they gave me the injection as they didn't know babies blood group. 4th pregnancy baby born positive so had injection and then I had the twins.

I'm A- and have only had the one injection at 28 weeks. Do they not do the second one anymore and just wait to test baby's blood when he/she is born? I meant to ask mw but forgot at last two appointments x

as long as the babies were negative also and you are pregnant by the same father of the twins there would be nothing to worry about!!! relax and enjoy this pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->