rheumatoid arthritis & hemophilia

anj0427

Leeah's on her way <3
Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm in my second trimester at 15w. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis july of 2009. I took methotrexate for 7 months and discontinued. After stopping the methotrexate I took high doses of ibuprofen (800mg-1600mg/day) & an allergy pill to counteract my allergic reaction to the ibuprofen. A few months before I got pregnant I completely stopped taking both the ibuprofen & allergy pill, reasons being: 1. My bf didn't like the fact that I was taking so many pills & harming myself. 2. I hadn't had a flare up but was so accustomed to taking IBU's in fear of having a flare up again, I needed to stop. 3. I felt it was a mental battle and maybe I could fight this on my own, plus I hated the fact that I needed to take medications. I discovered I was pregnant in October 2010 and since then i've had minimal to no symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, I've read that is common. I'm not sure what i'm going to do after pregnancy. I fear having a flare up. That can't move your body, can't get out of bed feeling is awful. Yet, I don't want to take those meds again either....I'm definitely enjoying pregnancy! symptoms and all :)

I am a hemophilia carrier. This isn't something I think about too much because I don't want to worry about it and because I don't know if i'm having a boy or girl yet.
is anyone else dealing with stuff like this or has anyone dealt with this in the past??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"