Rhythmic 'breathing' movements in bump?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Sekhmet, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Sekhmet

Sekhmet First-time mum

I have noticed this once before, and she's doing it again now... Where I believe her back is, on the right side of my bump, there is this steady, rhythmic, rise-and-fall movement. It feels, for all the world, like she is breathing (ie, maybe practice breaths?).

It is definitely not hiccups - she gets those a couple times a day, and this is quite different. It's much faster, constant, and it's not jerky/sudden with pauses in between the way hiccups are. It is a more pronounced rise and fall, but faster than the way an adult usually breathes... It's at the pace an adult might breathe if they'd been exercising.

It'll go on for a few minutes at a time, then stop, then start again a few minutes later. It's done that a few times in the past 10 min or so... She seems to have stopped now.

Anybody else ever have this?? Could I be feeling her practice breaths? I have an extremely snug/tight bump, where it is quite easy to see/feel her movements from the outside (DH has been able to feel her for many months).

2. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

It may be practice breaths if you have a nice tight tummy. On my scan today they showed me that my little girl was practice breathing. Is very cute. x

3. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

i dont know hun sorry

must of been amazing to see on scan x

4. PieMistress

PieMistress Proud and happy Mummy

I've noticed something similar over the past week too!

5. natlee

natlee Pregnant - 2nd trimester!

same here one part of my belly moves up and down up and down .. i thought it was practice breathing it looks so cute doesnt it? :) x