Rib Kicks..

x Alanna x

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone :flower:

a lot of women who have been pregnant.. or.. are pregnant.. seem to tell me about rib kicks and that i should expect them soon...

altho ive never had a rib kick.. when should i expect them?? is it normal not to experience any at all???

its just that i always get told " ohh just you wait until you get the rib kicks, they hurt " is it normal not to have any??? been wondering for a while when ill experience these.. as ive not had any yet... :)

thanks for reading.. xx

perhaps your baby has not turned yet and the feet are still down. you have plenty of time for baby to turn, they like them to turn by 34-36 weeks depending where you are. once the feet are up you might get the rib kicks.
my baby kind of has her legs angled to the side, almost on my waist! so i don't get that very much.

Hi hun. I'm 39 weeks and never had a rib kick! You may never get one, Your baby may just have little legs :D

xx

my babys up and down everywhere lol.. sometimes his heads down with his bum kind of just underneath my boob.. and sumtimes hes lay in the middle of my belly.. flat across.. haha..

39 weeks and no rib kicks .. lol.. i guess youre lucky.. hopefully i will be too!!!

just been wondering tho cause hear a lot of women talk about these rib kicks but avnt had one yet lol xx

I started to get them around 30ish weeks i think. Thats when she turned head down and has stayed there ever since apart from a couple of days where she turned but soon went back again.

My baby doesn't kick me in my ribs (yet), but she likes to put her foot right there.
Sometimes I feel like something is "stuck" under my ribs, it doesn't hurt it's just a weird feeling like you want to push it out from under your ribs.

Mine were just uncomfortable for the most part, but when I hit about 36 weeks they started to REALLY hurt, and sometimes make me lose my appetite.

I had a few niggles up there a bit early on surprisingly, but I didn't really start feeling them until I hit about 33 weeks? Sorry, I didn't keep very good notes about this stuff, lol.

My problem is now, is that's the only place I EVER feel her now. I feel her up there constantly. But it's because as my doctor says, she's very very tall, considering my husband and I are both tall. Her head is far down and everything, but apparently she's so tall it cramps her legs up into my ribs more than most normal babies would be. I would say for now, enjoy not feeling it, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling her...but mine gets really bad..

I'm 37 weeks and though I do feel a movement underneath the ribs sometimes, it's not uncomfortable or painful, so I've never had a 'rib kick' so to speak!

i started getting slight kicks to ribs (right side only) around 31 weeks...so just recently. They don't hurt yet but do take me by surprise sometimes.

Hi Alanna!
I'm also 29+4 and have been feeling kicks to my right rib over the past week or so - I'm only 5'1" though and have a short torso so was expecting room to run out pretty quickly! It makes me jump every time! Xx

I've been feeling kicks in my ribs for a couple weeks but I'm 5' only. Mostly been just under my ribs though Ive felt some inside the ribcage. So far doesn't hurt yet just unpleasant when my diaghragm or stomach is kicked, makes me unable to eat. Inside the rib it just feels strange. I'm sure it'll start really hurting later on when the baby has more strength.

Maybe you just have a very well behaved child! :)

thanks for the replys girls :) xx

im 5'2, so maybe ill get them soon... not that i really want them but i hear a lot of women going on about them.. i wondered if its normal not to get them lol!!..

he makes me jump quite a lot anyways with some of the movements he does.. wish i could see what hes up too all the time, maybe hes taking up karate lessons in my womb haha!!..

xx

I never had a rib kick with Mog, and she was head down. This one is booting me in the hip bone, so if he's breech he'd better get turning!

I would go with the comment about length of bubs legs, my baby has long legs and arms and i had my first rib kicks last night, personally pref to groin kicks any day of the week:)
With my first i didnt have any rib kicks but my daughter has a long body and short arms and legs with the other two I had loads but they are both long limbed and according to growth scans this one is the same!
There is no golden rule of when and where yr baby kicks, sometimes I wish people would think before they open their mouths it seems that once people have had their babies they forget how as pregnant mums we worry about just about anything!!
So long as you can feel bubs move etc dont worry about where it is he/she kicks you, last night it felt like this baby was tugging the inside of my belly button ow it really hurt i could feel him moving (then i remembered that my umblical cord is attached to mt belly button:) but it fely awful, think my bubs has def turned over xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->