• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Rib Pain

Lizzie Lou

Reaction score
Has anyone else had pain in their ribs this early on? My right side is really hurting but only at night - it feels like I've cracked a rib!

How far gone are you?
When I was about 6 weeks I had some discomfort around my rib area, But all cleared up in a few days, I think it could be trapped wind and bloating which causes it, Probably absolutley nothing to worry about :)
X

I get heavy discomfort right under my ribs. I think what you're experience is trapped wind - it can be really painful

Loads of different possibilities, mostly none of any consequence - I'd get checked over if it hurts to breathe in though - I'm not sure how far along you are but pregnant women are more at risk of forming blood clots, usually in the legs, which can migrate to the blood vessels in the lungs and get stuck there - this would be pretty rare and would usually present as pain breathing in or breathlessness. Have you twisted awkwardly and strained any muscles recently? If it's at the lower margin of your ribs, constipation/wind would also be pretty high up the list. If it persists, mention it to the sonographer at your next scan and get them to look at that area if it's just a discomfort, but if it's worsening or you're at all worried, then see a doctor :hug:

Thanks all! I spoke to my doctor yesterday but he said it's very very unlikely to be anything to do with the pregnancy and the pain was a lot better last night so am not panicking too much now! I'm 6weeks this weekend so still got a long way to go and after one missed mc I'm convinced that every little ache is going to be another mc... In reality, I think I pulled a muscle tipping a wheelbarrow onto the muck heap lol :dohh:

I did get it, only once that i can remember though. Glad your feeling better x

I'm 9 weeks today and started experiencing pain under both ribs this morning. Been told by other PG friends that it's just growing pains.

I'm 9 and half weeks and started having discomfort by my ribs, especially just under my breasts in the middle, it's worse when I stand up. What is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"