rib pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by lorcam4, Jun 1, 2011.

1. lorcam4

lorcam4 Well-Known Member

I am 17 weeks and my ribs feel like they are terribly bruised. Taking a deep breath even hurts. I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten any pains in their ribs

2. t33cup

t33cup mum of one and expecting

I thought it was just me! its below where my bra is on both sides, and it does feel like their bruised, very achey

3. Mocha_Baby XD

Mocha_Baby XD Freya & Aurora's Mummy =D

I'm getting it too! mainly on my right side I'm thinking it's because the uterus is moving up and organs are getting squished >.<

4. LilSnowflake

LilSnowflake Well-Known Member

SNAP! I got exactly the same thing from around 16wks.. although i also got a sharp shooting pain from time to time too, in the same area, just below where boob starts at top of ribs.

Im now 18 wks and dont get the achey pains as much, but still get the sharp shooting pains every now and then. I figure its ligaments stretching, or ribs expending or something? :shrug:

5. PrayinForBaby

PrayinForBaby Haley's Mommy =)

I had this when I was pregnant with Haley...its your ribs actually expanding! I know this because I went from a 36C bra to a 42DD bra!! 36 to 42!! Thats a crazy jump!

6. t33cup

t33cup mum of one and expecting

haaha wow its amazing what our bodies do, Ive just been reading that they do infact move out to give your pushed up organs room! I totally forgot about this it seems lol