Rib pain

OliveMartini

Reaction score
I just can't take it anymore :cry:

At the top, where my ribs meet, and all along the that area is just SO painful. I feel like I am suffocating. She is squishing me and there just isn't any room left. I feel huge, I look huge, she's measuring 2 weeks ahead according to my growth scan. I just don't think I can make it to 40 weeks like this!!

No matter how I sit, lay down etc. Nothing relieves it. :nope:

Anyone else in the same boat as me??

EDIT - The ONLY time I get any sort of relief is when I have a BH and she is pushed downwards.

I have this, but i dont think its from baby kicking, i think its a muscle strain ( thats what my doctor said anyway ) its so painful though, hurts most when i bend over or lean over something or lie in an awkward position. Rib pain is horrible x

Mines definately nothing to do with kicking either.

It feels like a bruised, sore, horrid pain lol. I know its because my bump pushes against my ribs and it just gets sooo sore. :cry:

I've had this symptom really bad since around 30 weeks. And its definately not due to baby kicking there!! For me sometimes it feels like my ribs are burning, and I just can't seem to relieve it. This pain happens at the same time everynight and lasts a good few hours. I hate it so much. Spoke to Midwife about it and she says its normal and alot of pregnant ladies complain about this symptom. Past week or so the pain has now moved a little and is now at top of my bump on the same side, just abit lower than my ribs, but still continues to burn.
I think its just one of them symptoms that we have to put up with, the joys of pregnancy eh??
x

i started off just getting sharp pains from bubs kicking under my right ribs, and then as everything has moved up i get horrible pressure and burning sensations under my ribs... only on the right side though, my left ribs are fine! the only thing i find that eases the pains is baths.. i said to my OH if it was possible i'd stay in the bath till my due date as thats the only time all my aches and pains go away!

I get this too. I thought my body was ripping apart in that spot for a while. But its just pressure from the baby/uterus pushing up and out... some websites mention that it might be a trapped nerve? When my LO drops, the pain is a lot better... but the little stinker won't stay engaged, so it comes and goes for me.

I mostly just try to ignore it. If it gets too bad, I take a couple of Tylenol, which does seem to help... but, like just about every other ache and pain... I'm sure giving birth is the only cure. :dohh:

i started off just getting sharp pains from bubs kicking under my right ribs, and then as everything has moved up i get horrible pressure and burning sensations under my ribs... only on the right side though, my left ribs are fine! the only thing i find that eases the pains is baths.. i said to my OH if it was possible i'd stay in the bath till my due date as thats the only time all my aches and pains go away!

I can relate to you, but i also have a lung condition and have a coil in my right lung, sooo scared:((

i know the feeling, my ribs ache horribly,
where I once broke one hurts loads too. Must be the pressure as it's def not the kicks hurting mine.x

It's an absolute biyatch! I hate it with a passion. I'm not eating such large meals now, as it makes mine worse... ouch!

I have to eat about a third of what I am used to purely because there is no room for it!

I feel like I'm going to puke otherwise :cry:

I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. :( I don't get such pain often but I definitely know what you're talking about. Usually the later in the day it gets the more discomfort I feel. One of the discomforts is pain around my upper ribs. Difficulty getting enough oxygen usually coincides. I try to change positions to relieve some of the pain and it somewhat helps. Hope you get some relief soon! :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->