Ribs hurting

Penguin20

Reaction score
Hello

Hope all you ladies are well :)

I was wondering if you ladies could give me some advice on anything I can do to ease the pain in my ribs, I'm 40 weeks next week and my baby is still high in my ribs.
I'm in so much pain and very uncomfortable, My ribs feel like they have been hit with a bat (it might sound over the top but don't know how to describe it)
sometimes it gets that bad I want to cry

I feel guilty for moaning about it as I should be happy but I just hurt so much so if you have any advice or techniques that would be great :)

Hey, my ribs also hurt most of the time coz im quite short at 5'2 and have a short torso so he doesnt have much room in there now! I find that sitting on my ball helps or leaning right back when sitting on the sofa etc to stretch my ribs a bit, its a lot more uncomfortable when i slouch x

I'm not sure if it's my uterus or my ribs, but I have really bad pain just under my right breast and the only way to make it go away is to lie on the couch/ bed and stretch my right arm way over my head. You have my sympathies, this kind of pain is awful :-(

I feel your pain, mine have just started hurting these past few days :hugs:

I find getting on all fours with your elbows propped up on the bed & swaying gently helps my pain, I guess gravity is helping ease baby out of my ribs so much.

My OH has just ordered me a birthing ball as I'm finding the whole rocking/swaying really comfortable through BH's & the rib pains. Even if I do like like a crazy woman :haha:

I agree with pp, try stretching you arms out. It may help for a bit. Also, I just keep pushing babies feet back into another position when she was up in my ribs :haha:

Thanks for your advice ladies, it eased a little today but as soon as I get comfy I know she will make her way back into them lol

I have rib pain, too. It feels like the bottom of my ribs/diaphragm are bruised, though I haven't felt overt kicking there in a couple weeks. The only thing that has helped me the last few nights was to raise my hands above my head, although this usually makes my heart race, so I don't leave them there for long.

Good luck getting some relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->