rice in bottle and goodnight milk

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
Whilst lying awake from 230am this morning :coffee: I was thinking...... why do they advice not to put rice In bottle when there is rice in goodnight milk?? X

I have thought the exact same thing! :shrug:

I have also had this thought! Rice seems much finer than the goodnight milk!

I know they say not to put rice into the bottle as it is a choking hazard so assume that the rice in the milk is blended into the formula? x

I think its a different kind of rice... who knows :shrug:
Never used the goodnight milk though, is it good? :flower:

They don't not recommend it. They even sell special porridge teats for bottles.

They don't not recommend it. They even sell special porridge teats for bottles.

It's a big no-no in the uk hun, I have heard it's different in other parts of Europe though x

Surely rice is rice?
We tried the GN mlk with no effect, but it seems to do wonders for some babes.

I don't understand how its a choking hazard cus by the looks of it on the box when made up its all mushy and surely you can also say there's a choking hazard by taking it off the spoon aswell :shrug: x

You can get dr brown bottles for thicker liquids but I'm not sure if that's for reflux? Xx

I don't know why, it's rather silly. Maybe cos goodnight milk is from 6months only?

We had to thicken bottles with rice cos of Macy's reflux. We used to put one heaped teaspoon in a 7oz bottle and make the teat hole bigger. I don't do it anymore cos she doesn't need it but it doesn't seem to affect the length of time she sleeps anyway!

I think a better idea if your LO is a decent dinner of 1/3 carbs (pasta,rice,potato), 1/3 protein (meat,lentils,cheese) and 1/3 vegetables plus a pudding a couple of hours before bedtime bottle. And a dreamfeed at 10-11pm if your LO still can't make it through the night x

I don't understand how its a choking hazard cus by the looks of it on the box when made up its all mushy and surely you can also say there's a choking hazard by taking it off the spoon aswell :shrug: x

I suppose because the milk is all the same consistency whereas if you add rice to a bottle, you might get areas that are thicker than others?
There's possibly a risk of choking giving it off a spoon if baby isn't ready but I think you're more in control of what's happening if youre using the spoon.
I've always wondered what happens to the fluid balance in bottles if you add anything to them as we're always told to make sure the formula scoops:water is correct and I'm always panicing I've counted wrong!

Slightly o/t but I find the Hipp Hungry Baby milk works better then the Hipp Good night milk :)

Oh yeah, I forgot I used to use Hungry Baby milk at bedtime and dreamfeed and it usually lasted her an extra hour xx

I tried the good night milk and it made no difference.

I have started giving him around 4 spoonfuls of porridge before his bottle. Seems to be helping, but it could just be a phase.

Its totally accepted and recommended in Spain - the Dr recommended it to me and wrote it on LO's monthly check up summery!!!! Every supermarket sells cereal or rice powder to add to bottles PLUS sugary biscuits that can also be disolved in bottles too!!!!

To be fair, the rice and cereal is a finely ground powder just like formula.... Its funny how advice differs so much from country to country!

i never understood how baby can choke on baby rice? its more like powder!! its not actual rice grains :shrug: prob my stupidity..

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->