• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

rice in bottle and goodnight milk

Exactly! i actually brought a box and opened it earlier to have a look and it looks just like formula powder! X

exactly so dont see how bubs can choke on it..

xx

Someone mentioned about the water though, so could it dehydrate them by adding more to the water?? :shrug: x

oh god i dont bloody know lol. she has had it and was fine ...

shoot me

xx

Its powder just like formula and just thickens the milk slightly so you would need the next size teat up.... I guess its different strokes for different folks but if a Spanish Paedeatrician - Dr at the hospital (sp! ;) ) says its the thing to do then it must be an ok thing to do I guess, otherwise they wouldnt recommend it....

I don't know what goodnight milk is (not sold here) but the issue with the rice cereal is that if not mixed well enough, and it occasionally happens, a clump will go through (sometimes people will use a cross teat so the chunk is big enough to pass) and then a baby may 'choke' as they are not expecting a clump of food.

I think a very young baby would gag... I really doubt they would actually CHOKE (mine has choked once and oh boy, those are 2 totally different things!!!). IMO it's like "don't microwave the bottles" ... you will get one person who doesn't swish the bottle and feeds the baby a hot spot, so nobody is recommended to do it.

Yup i use vari flow teats and had no issues, although i have stopped adding rice to milk now until i wean her.

X

I've give him hb tonight and he seemed so much more satisfied. Hv told me not to go on hb but I'm his mummy x

Madison pediatrician said to never put rice cereal in the bottle.

It can be a choking risk as baby rice; when mixed can be pretty clumpy, this is also a reason why the goodnight milk is only for those above six months not just the fact it contains gluten but a baby under six months could also choke on it more easily than an older baby. Also there are some studies that suggest it can contribute to obesity; as 'drinking' solid food is not giving the signal to your baby's brain that they are full, as giving them the same solids on a spoon would. From what I've read putting rice in the bottle will not help; and the goodnight milk has no scientific proof that it works either; hence other brands that made it in the past such as cow and gate; no longer make it xx

I've give him hb tonight and he seemed so much more satisfied. Hv told me not to go on hb but I'm his mummy x

glad he is more settled hun,

yup follow ur instincts :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back