Ridiculous boss

teamandy

Reaction score
My boss and I don't get along and its only my first month!

He always calls me in his office to discuss my performance and how I'm doing everything wrong.

Yesterday, he called me into his office for another "performance talk" and this time, he had the audacity to tell me that he's been noticing that I've been yawning a lot at work and if I needed any "accommodations"! I was kinda shocked so I had to spill the beans just to avoid having my"yawning" reflect poorly on my work.

He was so in shock because I just got hired and 3 other girls left for maternity leave. I can't get fired easily (we're unionized) but there was definitely no congratulations!

I hope that if I ever start feeling sick or not, he'll at least cut me some slack..
Anyone else have experience with the first trimester dealing with an overbeating boss?

Hello, congratulations. I don't have any experience with this but didn't want to read and run. If you feel sick , do it on him! Lol. He sounds like a real jerk xxx

Yep!! That's exactly how my boss was with my first LO. He even ran me so ragged that I went in to early labour at 28 weeks. I couldn't prove it for sure, so I couldn't do anything about it. But I know it was because of how much he made me work and how little assistance he gave me. I feel your pain- hang in there!!

Talk about micro-managing! You're not allowed to yawn? Geeze.

I didn't have that, exactly. Though with my first pregnancy I told them early on just because I was SO sick. After about two/three months my boss came to me and asked if maybe I was taking this whole thing "a little too far" because "all of us women have been there. I mean, I was never sick when I was pregnant, but some of the other girls were. Just hold your breath if a smell bothers you." I then explained that even the action of holding my breath caused me to throw up, and she grew silent and awkward, then finally went away. All because I dared to ask one of the other girls to put something in the break room for me the next time they went, because I couldn't stand the smell of the fresh pot of coffee they had just brewed in there.

Also, if the job gets to be too much, DEFINITELY tell your doctor and talk to them about it. They can write you notes and stuff to help. When I went in to confirm this pregnancy, my Dr immediately gave me a note with basic restrictions for work (a break from sitting or standing every 2 hours, not to lift anything over 25 pounds, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->