• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ridiculous, but terrified of my parents' reactions

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I'm really frightened of what my parents will say when I tell them. It's silly but I'm certain they'll think I'm stupid or naive or or or.... I'm nearly 24, married, financially independent, and OH's job is secure (I work too, but we can manage without my wage). But my last pregnancy was a teen pregnancy and I can't shake the feelings of shame. yesterday my mum even made a joke; "oh you're not pregnant are you?" which I ignored, but it was a bit hurtful because this was well thought out, planned, wanted, and I feel it's the best time. But I'm not sure she will. It's really stressing me out. Anyone else in a similar position?

Im not in your position, but make sure you announce your news with pride! I'm sure your parents will see how happy you are and will be just as happy!

I second the above comment!!! Go for it!

I'm scared to tell my parents too. We thought this out, planned, etc but I'm not sure my mom will see it that way. I'm in school right now and get done at the end of July. The baby is due in August and it's my wife who is pregnant, not me. She has a good job and we are managing financially though sometimes it is hard with only one wage. But by the time the baby comes I will be done with school and able to get a job as well, so money won't be a problem anymore. Plus the baby is due in between when I graduate and when I expect to find my first job, so I'll actually have a few weeks off to be home with the baby whereas if we had waited a few more months I would be at a brand new job when the baby was born and unable to take any time off. So, we're excited about the timing and glad it has all worked out but I'm wondering if my mother will see it that way. Generally, her first reaction is negativity and to try to think of all the ways something could go wrong. :(

So yeah, right there with you with the nerves! When do you tell your mom? Ours will find out on Christmas!

I have no idea! I feel like just putting it off forever, no time seems great!

Easier said than done, but if your happy don't let anyone bring you down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"